How Do I - move quickly through the list of members?

I wanted to look at a username on the Board.

Search threw up nothing, so I started to scroll through the Members' List. One page at a time!

There must be a better way? Or am I thick and don't know how to do it?

Litotes

Yes, this is bloody annoying I have to admit. I've seen complaints about this on the software support forum and there may now be a fix. I'll have to update the software to the latest version shortly anyway so will look at the same time if the fix isn;t part of the upgrade.

Litotes said:

Search threw up nothing, so I started to scroll through the Members' List. One page at a time!

Litotes
Yes mate you are thick :D

Are you curb crawling the young females on ARRSE again Litotes :wink:

Litotes said:

Litotes
I wouldn't say that IRON..

But in reply, very slowly, apparently :D

Coat,

Gone.

The_IRON said:
Litotes said:

Litotes
Yes mate you are thick :D

Are you curb (that will be "kerb" then?)... crawling the young females on ARRSE again Litotes :wink:
Yes, Iron, I was. And tiring it was, too! :D

After all, there are so few of them, don't you know?

Litotes

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Wasn't there a fix a while ago? Having a search on the actual members page as opposed to the usual search?
Yes, and for most cases that works. I searched on the "Author's Name", but the name I wanted didn't come up. So, when I tried to create that name, I was told that it was already in use. But, when I finally reached the page where it should be, it wasn't there!

Strange!

Litotes

I can't do anything about an error like that without knowing what the name was or page. Could you let me know and I'll look at it. Thanks and sorry you wasted your time.

Good CO said:
I can't do anything about an error like that without knowing what the name was or page. Could you let me know and I'll look at it. Thanks and sorry you wasted your time.
Good CO knowing Litotes he was looking for anything with 'BIG BAPS' in the title :wink:

/Anti-Wah ON

At the risk of stating the obvious JUST IN CASE! 8O

Have you tried modifying the URL in the address bar?

Sort list by name then go to page 2 which will give you a URL ending in "start=25.html"

i.e. http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Members_List/mode=username/order=ASC/start=25.html

Now just modify that 25 to a number between 0 and 32394 (number of members at the moment). So if you're looking for a username starting with "Z" it'll be nearer the end. Still takes a fair bit of fannying around but much better than going page by page!

/Anti-Wah OFF

Hope this helps :wink:

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Litotes said:
Yes, and for most cases that works. I searched on the "Author's Name", but the name I wanted didn't come up. So, when I tried to create that name, I was told that it was already in use. But, when I finally reached the page where it should be, it wasn't there!

Strange!

A thought occurs....

A suspended account does not show up in the members list, but will still be on the database so a duplicate name cannot be created. If that suspended user also has had their posts deleted, then a search will also return a blank.

Are you searching for a former site maniac, Litotes? :D

Fugly said:
Litotes said:

Strange!

A thought occurs....

A suspended account does not show up in the members list, but will still be on the database so a duplicate name cannot be created. If that suspended user also has had their posts deleted, then a search will also return a blank.

Are you searching for a former site maniac, Litotes? :D
Thanks, Fugly. I hadn't thought of that!

Litotes

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Come on then Litotes, who were you stalking / what did you want to change your username to?

We need to be told :D

The-Lord-Flasheart said:

Ask Dale. She seems to have gone through a large proportion of the members.
She hasn't gone through me yet, AFAIK.

How would I know? Would it hurt?

Should I be concerned that she hasn't been through me?

Litotes

counterstrike said:
/Anti-Wah ON

At the risk of stating the obvious JUST IN CASE! 8O

Have you tried modifying the URL in the address bar?

Sort list by name then go to page 2 which will give you a URL ending in "start=25.html"

i.e. http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Members_List/mode=username/order=ASC/start=25.html

Now just modify that 25 to a number between 0 and 32394 (number of members at the moment). So if you're looking for a username starting with "Z" it'll be nearer the end. Still takes a fair bit of fannying around but much better than going page by page!

/Anti-Wah OFF

Hope this helps :wink:
I didn't think of that one, so I shall try it. Thanks!

Litotes

Litotes said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:

Litotes
the itchy rash would give it away :D

bigbird67 said:
Litotes said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:

Litotes
the itchy rash would give it away :D
But 99% of squaddies have had an itchy rash at some stage of their careers, they cant of all been through her.............or could they :? :? :?