How Do I - move quickly through the list of members?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Litotes, Dec 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wanted to look at a username on the Board.

Search threw up nothing, so I started to scroll through the Members' List. One page at a time!

There must be a better way? Or am I thick and don't know how to do it?

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Yes, this is bloody annoying I have to admit. I've seen complaints about this on the software support forum and there may now be a fix. I'll have to update the software to the latest version shortly anyway so will look at the same time if the fix isn;t part of the upgrade.
  3. Wasn't there a fix a while ago? Having a search on the actual members page as opposed to the usual search?
  4. Yes mate you are thick :D

Are you curb crawling the young females on ARRSE again Litotes :wink:
  5. I wouldn't say that IRON..

But in reply, very slowly, apparently :D

6. Yes, Iron, I was. And tiring it was, too! :D

After all, there are so few of them, don't you know?

7. Indeed, one page at a time.... :D :D :D

8. Yes, and for most cases that works. I searched on the "Author's Name", but the name I wanted didn't come up. So, when I tried to create that name, I was told that it was already in use. But, when I finally reached the page where it should be, it wasn't there!

9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I can't do anything about an error like that without knowing what the name was or page. Could you let me know and I'll look at it. Thanks and sorry you wasted your time.
  10. Good CO knowing Litotes he was looking for anything with 'BIG BAPS' in the title :wink:
  11. /Anti-Wah ON

At the risk of stating the obvious JUST IN CASE! 8O

Have you tried modifying the URL in the address bar?

Sort list by name then go to page 2 which will give you a URL ending in "start=25.html"

Now just modify that 25 to a number between 0 and 32394 (number of members at the moment). So if you're looking for a username starting with "Z" it'll be nearer the end. Still takes a fair bit of fannying around but much better than going page by page!

/Anti-Wah OFF

Hope this helps :wink:
  12. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

A thought occurs....

A suspended account does not show up in the members list, but will still be on the database so a duplicate name cannot be created. If that suspended user also has had their posts deleted, then a search will also return a blank.

Are you searching for a former site maniac, Litotes? :D

13. Ask Dale. She seems to have gone through a large proportion of the members.
  14. Thanks, Fugly. I hadn't thought of that!

15. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Come on then Litotes, who were you stalking / what did you want to change your username to?

We need to be told :D