How do I leave TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by kiwiblack, Feb 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. After 3 years of being in TA i can no longer commit the time required, ive not been in for 3 months and ive got other things planned for this year.
    who do i need to give my letter of resignation too? can i just send an email to AO? or does it need to be more formal.

    thanks in advance.
  2. Speak to your CSM/OC then hand your kit in.
  3. Take you kit in, give it in, don't go again.
  4. Say that you want to commit to full attendance, all possible weekends, become physically fit and deploy asap - they will happily show you the door.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tell them you are converting to ISLAM.
  6. You need a covering note from your mum stating you have a sore tummy and dont want to play anymore
  7. Set yourself a light in the TAC Carpark...


    99% of the time, it works every time.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Rather than giving up on the TA completely why don't you join a national unit and only do 19 days a year?
  9. Hand your kit in and say TA TA!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. A few of us tried this last year , the ones that dont give a **** and turn up when they feel like it got all the cream, we just got the shit.

  11. such as being a lolipop lady.

  12. Transfer to a less **** unit.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. barrage balloon corps?

  14. Ask for a 12 month leave of absence. You can change your mind at a later point then.
  15. Traditionally you just stuff all your gear into a black bin bag and chuck it over the fence with an insulting note attached.

    edited to add- You could have a chat with your chain of command and explain your situation, then part on good terms if your mind is made up.
    • Like Like x 1