How do I get rid of this?

Yokel

LE
I am not sure how I managed to download this, but when I fire up my PC I get this in the background:

1656232876307.png

It is annoying but can be ignored - but sometimes it rears its head when I am trying to do things? What is the easiest way of getting rid of it? Might it be responsible for slowing down the boot up process?

Similarly what its the easiest way of stopping pop ups from ARRSE or elsewhere?

Hit the windows key, type "Add" and you should see "Add or remove programs", click on that. Scroll through the list in the window that pops up and find "PC HelpSoft" or whatever it calls itself and uninstall it.

Yokel

LE
Hit the windows key, type "Add" and you should see "Add or remove programs", click on that. Scroll through the list in the window that pops up and find "PC HelpSoft" or whatever it calls itself and uninstall it.

Good to see that someone remembers the basics - just checking. Honest!

It is worrying how forgetful I seem to have become - I blame the lack of sleep. I also seem to never get around to rearranging and tidying up old files and downloads. If only there was an idiots' guide to Win10? Yes, I know that there most likely is...

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
1656237280939.png

It's the only way to be sure.

Google-fu says:

Is PC HelpSoft malware?
More than a few anti-malware tools identified PC HelpSoft Driver Updater virus as a potentially unwanted program (PUP for short) and have blocked it.
PC HelpSoft Driver Updater – an updating software that's flagged as a potentially unwanted program.
name
PC HelpSoft Driver Updater
type
Fake system tool, PUP
PC HelpSoft Driver Updater (Easy Removal Guide) - Free Instructions
www.2-spyware.com › remove-pc-helps...

Similarly what its the easiest way of stopping pop ups from ARRSE or elsewhere?

The ARRSERIT have answered the first question.

With respect to the second get AdBlock . Free. Works.

Some sites won't work with it (coz they want your cash). If you really want to see the site and can put up with the ads just right click, hit AdBlock and hit Pause On This Site.

The ARRSERIT have answered the first question.

With respect to the second get AdBlock . Free. Works.

Some sites won't work with it (coz they want your cash). If you really want to see the site and can put up with the ads just right click, hit AdBlock and hit Pause On This Site.
I also use PopUpOFF to kill the annoying popups that nag you to switch the adblocker off. They want me to switch my adblocker off so they can show me ads. Do the stupid wuckfits not understand the reason I've got an adblocker in the first place?

Latest Threads