How Do I Get Out During Basic Training???

My bro started basic 3 weeks ago and does not want to continue into the army. He's been told needs 3 valid excuses to be able to get out can anyone tell me what is classed as a valid excuse???

You worship the devil

You find the RSM hugely attractive

You want to join the Taleban

You didn't read the small print

You have gone blind

You want to stab the padre

Your piles hurt so much you have to lay down for an hour everytime you fart

You feel the urge to nosh all your pals (may not work in the Paras, they'll want to keep you)

You have invisible friends who make you smash windows and steal things

You are a Frimble and demand to be treated as one

Whenever someone shouts at you you feel the urge to scoop out your eyes with a tea spoon.

Hope this helps, he can use a combination of any of the above and Civvy street is only a skip over the fence away

HelpMe said:
My bro started basic 3 weeks ago and does not want to continue into the army. He's been told needs 3 valid excuses to be able to get out can anyone tell me what is classed as a valid excuse???
Just go and see the doctor/padre (and convince them that he should be let out) or wait until 5 weeks and then leave. Alternatively, he could try the Blackadder trick.......

HelpMe said:
He's not been in long enough to hate it! Let him stay awhile until he becomes utterly cynical and pissed off like me... ;-)

But...

I think that he is being lied to (now, there's an unusual thing in phase 1 trg!)

He will, normally, have 'windows of opportunity' at various stages of his training to sign off if he is not utterly enthralled with it all. DS will often obfuscate (i.e. lie) about these so as to make sure that they make their quota of happy phase two trainee soldiers.

Get him to see someone whose career is not dependent of creating x number of soldiers and ask them about these windows and his rights. I would suggest the Padre or the WRVS lady.

get him to act like a fcukwit, and biff everything up, then on the review, say he wants out.

Tell him to let everyone know he loves the army that much he intends to serve a full career. He will instantly be directed to the MO for a trick cyclist evaluation!

In accordance with current Regs he can get out for free within the first 6 months of service but may not be let back in.

if all else fails try smoking a spliff during OC'S Rounds !!!!!

Tell him to stick it out to the end because it gets better after basic training

BvRP

(Is there a psychiatrist about? I nearly believed myself then)

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
MiB's considered opinion is that he should suck his neck in and get on with it otherwise in ten year's time he will be in a pub telling war stories and then have to admit to an ex-squaddie that he lasted 5 weeks and went home to his mum. The first few weeks are hardest....he needs to understand that training is a game between the troop staff and the recruits.

Remember this.....

"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea." Samuel Johnson

HelpMe said:

There are no valid excuses in the Army. only valid reasons. he's the Army's now, Not a sniff of getting out! :lol:

Having done 2 years as a Cpl at ATR(W) until last year I am sure that the rules depend on your age.

Under 18 you can get out at any stage of CMS(R) after week 4 which is the 28 day period you get to settle in.

Over 18 you have from week 4 until 28 days from which to put in your request if you dont you wil go on to serve 4 years.

Both of these methods are known as DAOR Discharge as of Right and the Platoon Commander will have to verbally brief the Platoon in the first 2 days of them joining. The recruit also has to sign his/her report book (Blue Book) to say they have recieved the brief and understand it. The dates fom which he/her can apply to leave will also be in there.

Get you Brother to speak to his Section Commander at the end of the week when he gets his report read to him and mention he wants out. His Section Commander has a duty of care over him and should put it up the chain of command.

in my day it was a lot simpler, we were taught a valuable ode,

dont buy a video,
dont buy a car,
save your money,
and P.V.R.

these days you have to use more tact, pack your bags,
go see the padre, and tell him your goin to comit hari kari
at the weekend :roll:

How do you get out? Well you could do all of the above suggestions, alternatively just RUN YOU FU*KER, RUN AS IF THE FIENDS OF HELL ARE PURSUING YOU, GO OVER THE HILL LIKE A MAN YOU USELESS EXCUSE FOR A POTENTIAL SOJER! At least you'll the RMP filth off the backs of the rest of us.

Rant serial complete. Out.

If your brother wishes to get out I am sure he will have good reason. If this is still the case when his window of opportunity arises he should go through the chain of command and articulate this to the relevant people. They will try to disuade him but if he really wants to leave he should have the moral fibre to say so and stick to it.

Failing that, I suggest mess tin order on RSM's parade or tipping up to work in a skirt insisting on being called stephanie.

Sorry, I'm not much up for "getting out," without a PROPER excuse. Just because, "I don't like it anymore," isn't a proper excuse. Make the guy stick it out and fulfill his obligations, like the rest of did.

I just don't get people who join the military and does not do a little homework, to see what they are getting themselves into. I have little, if any, compassion for them.

Tell the lad to give it more time. It does get better. Tell him to keep his head down, his gob shut and do as he is told. Lots of lads hate the first weeks as it is quite a shock to the system. he might settle in and become a first rate soldier yet.

If he really wants to get out I believe all he has to do is talk to his officer commanding or ask his section leader to filter his request upwards. Or he could fail a BFT. I think you get binned for that so early on don't you?

Tell him to stay, it's only four years of the rest of his life and what is he going to do, don't tell me his girlfriends dad is going to give him a job