How do I get [I]my[/I] MBE ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It was known that there was a prophecy from On High that as the Cold War was winding down, there would be Cuts
And verily, it came to pass.

And great shall be the tumult thereof.

I remember back in Training Regt in the 80's, one of our Section training Cpl's had a BEM for what not. Now us being young lads, very wet behind the ears, we didn't really have much of a clue about post nominals, and when we put our Sect Cmdr's name on the door (him) we left the BEM bit off, because "well....we was finkin it was your initials and that Corporal!!"
It clearly wasn't his initials, as we found out when it was drummed into us as we were beasted mercilessly around Hawley Hard for a while. :strong::rage:

Pointless bling seems to be something that the navy has thankfully managed to avoid.

It was widely discussed down the mess decks when Johnson Beharry got his VC, that while his actions were admirable, had he been a matelot, he would’ve got an extra scoop of chips for dinner and a duty stand down on the next run ashore if he was lucky.

The state ceremonial warrant officer generally gets an MBE after his stint if he ends up participating in the burial of someone important, that’s about it.

Generally you have to actually save someone’s life or do something pretty outstanding to get a gong. An engineering technician recently got a certificate for inventing some computer system that saved the mob literally millions of quid.

Likewise the bloke who invented fixed hatch waterwalls (firefighting thing now found on nearly every ship in the world) got a WH Smith’s book token and a pat on the back.
You mean he didn't get a mug with the GEMS logo on it? B@stards!!

When I was in Celle during the early 80s, 1 RGJ wives used to stick packets of OMO washing powder (Old Man Out) in their kitchen windows whenever the Battalion was on Banner deployment or long exercise. One of the wives of a SNCO, used to act as Madam, and recruit younger wives to do the business with local German populace. She even tried to recruit the newly married wife of one of our Security Section Staff Sergeants, inferring that it was expected of anyone living in the MQs. Luckily the lady in question was not the type to be intimidated.

As I recall the wife of the RSM was getting sha**ed by a Rifleman whilst the RSM was knocking off one of the Junior's wife's.

Incidentally, when HM the Queen came to Celle for a revue of all four Battalions of the Regiment (including a TA Battalion), the poison dwarf who ran the wives brothel was presented to her!!!
Would it be ok if you stuck this over here on the RGJ thread:

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/posts/8881614/

Ta!!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Indeed, Revelation 6:5-6 mentions the wise horse.
The comparison to a black horse has been mentioned.

Not sure about holding a pair of signallers though.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
All this brouhaha about O/M/Bs when the real award, the only one that is truly deserved and hard fought for is due to be awarded after voting in December.

What is this great award? None other than the Arrse Site Penis of the Year (SPotY). Currently Baglock and his sockpuppets are leading contenders but there are some good mentions coming up on the outside.

When I was in Celle during the early 80s, 1 RGJ wives used to stick packets of OMO washing powder (Old Man Out) in their kitchen windows whenever the Battalion was on Banner deployment or long exercise. One of the wives of a SNCO, used to act as Madam, and recruit younger wives to do the business with local German populace. She even tried to recruit the newly married wife of one of our Security Section Staff Sergeants, inferring that it was expected of anyone living in the MQs. Luckily the lady in question was not the type to be intimidated.

As I recall the wife of the RSM was getting sha**ed by a Rifleman whilst the RSM was knocking off one of the Junior's wife's.

Incidentally, when HM the Queen came to Celle for a revue of all four Battalions of the Regiment (including a TA Battalion), the poison dwarf who ran the wives brothel was presented to her!!!
It wouldn't surprise me at all except for the tiny detail that 1RGJ weren't in Celle in the early eighties. In fact there weren't any Green Jacket battalions in Celle during the eighties.

You may have got your decade mixed up though because 1RGJ were there during the seventies.

ugly

LE
Generally you have to actually save someone’s life or do something pretty outstanding to get a gong. An engineering technician recently got a certificate for inventing some computer system that saved the mob literally millions of quid.
Johnson Beharry certainly achieved that twice! In a tour where even the CO had to fire his personal weapon his actions certainly stood out!

It wouldn't surprise me at all except for the tiny detail that 1RGJ weren't in Celle in the early eighties. In fact there weren't any Green Jacket battalions in Celle during the eighties.

You may have got your decade mixed up though because 1RGJ were there during the seventies.
You should email this website as it says you're wrong

British Army units from 1945 on - Royal Green Jackets

1540906313800.png

Latest Threads