How do I best get as much resettlement cash as possible????

I am leaving this year and understand that after 10 years I get 5 weeks resettlement leave and a grant of approx £500. I understand about SLC and ELC. What I need some help on and what I think other could do with spelling out is the JPA allowances that are claimable.

As I understand it for residential courses you can combine daily subsistence (for food mainly) and accom fees as well as IE at £5 per day as well as some of the above training grants given certain qualifying criteria.

So, in a very long winded way here is my question:

If I were to undertake a residential course (assuming non-availability of service accom) how best can the provider receipt the course so I can get as much value as possible i.e. Accom fees, food, course costs and examination fees?

I have no idea of the best way, but if I were you I'd concentrate on preparing myself in the best way rather than how much you can squeeze from the system. I spent over £12,000 on re-training myself and preparing for civvy street, of which £535 was from the system. I re-paid all that back to myself within 6 months of being outside. So for what it is worth, by all means claim what you're entitled to but don't let it become an all consuming focus.

Similar threads

Latest Threads