How difficult is it to get an A in ADSC

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Shabalala, Aug 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I first started my application months and months ago but I was medically rejected which set me back and I only found out I won my appeal two weeks ago the problem was I didn't really think I had a chance of winning the appeal I just did so out of hope and luckily I won it but I had completley eased off training I still went to the gym once or twice a week but I never went out running or anything. Anyway the recruiter gave me two weeks to prepare for the Pre Selection day so the last two weeks I ran every day except one, the first run I did I only managed to get the 1.5 mile run in 12.45 my Pre Selection was this gone Friday and I had managed to get the run down to 10.31 so I am clear to move onto the next stage which is the Interviews so I probably have around a month untill ADSC if I pass the interviews.

So realistically what do I need to achieve in the Run and other physical tests to get an A (I have started revising English, Maths, I have no problem with the ice breaker and I preformed fine in the command tasks so they shouldn't be a problem) but what should I be looking to get to achieve an A and how far would I be able to get my run time down too if I kept up the same training program for a month.
  2. I was in the same boat as you. I only had 3 weeks until ADSC though from when I passed my medical appeal. I was out almost every day running. Your time now may be 10:31 but remember at ADSC your run will be at 8am in the morning, you will have a 1/2 mile warm up before hand and you will probably still be suffering slightly from the PT session the night before.

All you can do between now and ADSC is run 2 days on, and one day off repeat till ADSC. Have a 2 day rest before ADSC so you're fresh. Try run 4 miles at least 3 times a week with a 1.5 at the end of the week. You'll then be ok at ADSC I reckon.

As far as requirements go, sub 10:30 on the run means you'll be in good shape to receive an A.

Edited to add, the run is the easy part. The PT session will leave you hanging out your arse.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Your not wrong there lol
    • Like Like x 1
  4. You're grading isn't dependent on your run time from my experience, when I did selection there were individuals who ran faster times than me but who failed selection all together. The team tasks are more important in my opinion.
  5. The run isn't the only thing they score you on, but it is a large portion of the scoring, in all fairness just go with the assumption that the second you get off that Train and arrive at ADSC your being tested, can't go far wrong then.
  6. Can't comment on the details of ADSC, but if you're revising your English, take a look at punctuation. Most of your post was OK grammatically, with not too many spelling mistakes, but it was still hard to read because there were too few commas and sentences were too long.

This version of your first paragraph would be easier to follow (I've only corrected the punctuation, split some sentences, and broken this down into two paragraphs -- there are a few other mistakes, but nothing drastic):

Some guidelines on commas here: Guidelines for Using Commas Effectively - Tips for Using Commas Correctly

Good luck!
  7. Try BBC Bitesize for some maths revision, covers a lot of basics from high school that might be forgotten... i know i've forgot lol.
  8. High school? :S
  9. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

It's what they call some secondary schools in Scotland and Wales.

Is there a problem?
  10. No there is no ******* problem. I wasn't aware schools were referred to as such, in some parts of Scotland and Wales. Good job in clearing that up for me though.
  11. Aye, forgot the english have a different name for them, plus it's been 6 years since i've been at school, think there all academies or some crap now.

EDIT: Simmer down Freddie lol
  12. Just thought I'd add in that I'm from England (near London) and my school was a "High School". But yes, over the past year they've been turning into academies to accommodate for the sinking standards of education.
  13. Yes its highly gay.
  14. news to me on the schools thing but they seem to be changing the education system every few years regardless of location.

Spot on as soon as you arrive your being tested so just give everything your all and you should walk away with an A and in my case a chest infection "yippee!"