Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How defence is rising to the sustainability challenge

Today the Government issued its response to the Committee on Climate Progress Report to Parliament, which was published in June this year.

Continue reading...

Today the Government issued its response to the Committee on Climate Progress Report to Parliament, which was published in June this year.

Continue reading...

I was once asked to take part in a panel discussion when the Ottawa Convention was being drafted.

I was asked by some earnest young chap “what environmental concerns I had when working in a minefield”?

My reply was:

“To be honest, my main concern is not becoming part of the environment”.

I didn’t get asked to be on any more panels after that.

I was once asked to take part in a panel discussion when the Ottawa Convention was being drafted.

I was asked by some earnest young chap “what environmental concerns I had when working in a minefield”?

My reply was:

“To be honest, my main concern is not becoming part of the environment”.

I didn’t get asked to be on any more panels after that.
No sense of humour some people. I chortled.

Yokel

LE
Surely being more economical and cutting energy costs makes sense? Using biofuel will reduce dependence on imports, and it should be obvious that climate change will impact international security and stability - migration, conflicts of resources like water, new shipping routes in the Arctic, and others.

Latest Threads