"How dare you say Islam is a violent religion?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by armchair_jihad, Sep 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In today's world, religious sensitivity is a one-way street. The rules of the road are enforced by Islamic mobs and abjectly followed by Western media, politicians and religious leaders.

The fact is that all three monotheistic religions have in their long histories wielded the sword. The Book of Joshua is knee-deep in blood. The real Hanukkah story, so absurdly twinned (by calendric accident) with the Christian festival of peace, is about a savage insurgency and civil war.

Christianity more than matched that lurid history with the Crusades, an ecumenical blood bath that began with the slaughter of Jews in the Rhineland, a kind of preseason warm-up to the featured massacres to come against the Muslims, with the sacking of the capital of Byzantium (the Fourth Crusade) thrown in for good measure.

And Islam, of course, spread with great speed from Arabia across the Mediterranean and into Europe. It was not all benign persuasion. After all, what were Islamic armies doing at Poitiers in 732 and the gates of Vienna in 1683? Tourism?

However, the inconvenient truth is that after centuries of religious wars, Christendom long ago gave it up. It is a simple and undeniable fact that the violent purveyors of monotheistic religion today are self-proclaimed warriors for Islam who shout "God is great" as they slit the throats of infidels -- such as those of the flight crews on Sept. 11, 2001 -- and are then celebrated as heroes and martyrs.

Just one month ago, two journalists were kidnapped in Gaza and were released only after their forced conversion to Islam. Where were the protests in the Islamic world at that act -- rather than the charge -- of forced conversion?

Where is the protest over the constant stream of vilification of Christianity and Judaism issuing from the official newspapers, mosques and religious authorities of Arab nations? When Sheik 'Atiyyah Saqr issues a fatwa declaring Jews "apes and pigs"? When Sheik Abd al-Aziz Fawzan al-Fawzan, professor of Islamic law, says on Saudi TV that "someone who denies Allah, worships Christ, son of Mary, and claims that God is one-third of a trinity. . . . Don't you hate the faith of such a polytheist?"

Where are the demonstrations, where are the parliamentary resolutions, where are the demands for retraction when the Mufti Sheik Ali Gum'a incites readers of al-Ahram, the Egyptian government daily, against "the true and hideous face of the blood-suckers . . . who prepare [Passover] matzos from human blood"?

Article in full

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/21/AR2006092101513.html

2. It's the old appeasement thing isn't it? The theory that if we behave nicely to people who are behaving 'nastily' to us, they will become nice?

Well, it might work in the PC workshops civil servants are forced to attend, but it is pretty sh1t in reality. Oppression of christianity is routine in muslim countries, many of them purportedly our allies (ie Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Eygpt), but we here about it in our media? Are the government pressed to raise this issue with foreign governments?

What do you think? They are too busy cravenly trying to keep the muslims we have over here happy, having spent years preaching multi-culturalism - a practice long criticised by anyone outside of the labour tent who could withstand being labelled 'racist' for their opinion.

If we want it to change, we should contact both our MPs and national medai to ask why they don't act or report on it. Maybe then, muslims over here who are at risk of straying into extremism would be given pause for thought? Just a theory.

3. Islam is a peacefull religion , spread by the teachings of the prophet through the Koran.
    And if you say different we`ll hack your hack off

4. I totally agree there, muslims only count for about 2.7% of the total population. Why should the other 97.3% have to dance to their tune. Personally I can see things getting out of hand if something isn't done soon. I have really had enough of them now. :x

5. I don’t believe that any religion is violent, its people who are violent and very often use religion as their reason. Personally I’m not religious because I feel that all religions are discrimitory i.e. your either in or out and each feels that their way is the only way to heaven. All I can say is there will be some seriously disappointed people come the day of judgement. Personally if there is eternity after life then I’d rather spend it with members of this site than any other group, at least I’d never get bored. As for the Islamic c*nts, they are nothing but bullies and the only thing a bully understands is a bigger bully with a bigger stick. Stick it to them.

6. Whats more scary is if you talk to anybody,ie:average joe in the stret, everyone has such strong feelings on this.
    Think Drowning Street should stop trying to please the minority, grow a set and remember the not so silent any more majority
    Gordoni is in for a shock at the next election methinks

7. Christians gave it up long ago?

1945? Aaaages ago then - only 27m russians dead and 6m jews dead.

Or how about conflicts since?

The truth is we're all violent little fcukwits at heart, just some people like to use religion as their excuse or as their scapegoat.

Cnuts the lot of us

Editted to add: Yep, they're a minority, but if we suddenly went about doing the majority's wish we might end up going to far, or a majority would become a minority or something and it'd go tits up. Nothing ever fcuking changes in this world. The selfless sacrifce of millions throughout history for good causes means nothing within the greater scheme, people still spread hatred and death no matter what their colour and religion. We will remember them - others will take their actions in vain - or worse will vilify them

8. And rabid dogs dont listen to reason

Well said Dave

9. cuting an animals throat and bleading it to death rather than a shot to the brain and rioding is verry peacefull????

Dave

10. Well - we put birds in cages barely bigger than the birds themselves where they sit all day in their own sh*t being literally forcefed, including hormones until most are so fat and mishapen they can't stand properly as their legs buckle. They live in filth and diease is rampant. They are then plucked alive (until recently) and plunged alive into boiling water (see xmas uproar re. turkeys about 10 years ago).

We're just as fcuking ethical as the rest of them.

11. It's all a load of fairytale books, sorry if I offend but its my world

12. You are the boy daddyguns, absolute correct, cya later!!

13. to me, i think this cartoon sums up the Muslim religion pretty well.

Attached Files:

14. Alright, who last invaded who? If you hadn't noticed we've waltzed into two islamic countries killing their citizens left right and centre.

Obviously we're a peaceful people and always in the right - but if Pakistan don't play fair the good old US of A will bomb them back to the stoneage.

Get some fcuking perspective you pricks, we're not as wonderful as you think.

(and I'm not defending Islam, they're cnuts too)

15. I am not saying in anyway way we are nice. But, didn't the peacefull muslims take a site seeing trip in 2 aeroplanes over new york city before we invaded iraq or afghanistan? I don't think the point is, "who invaded who first". the point is, we don't go around burning embassies, blowing up buses anbd flying planes into buildings because they aren't believing the same religion we are. Wasn't that the topic of converstation, regarding islam as a violent religion?

Edited to add, We also don't go around our host country that gave us shelter, free housing and benefits (in most cases) and march through the streets calling for the death off all its citizens who aren't muslim and don't practice law the way the want it and don't follow the same culture. Well there are plenty of fecking "peacefull" muslim countries in the world so why don't they just go there instead of here???""

For example, a woman on the dragons den the other night who was a practising muslim said that if muslims in UK didn't want to conform to UK customs and law , that they should go to where the came from!

edited so many times because my pc is f**ked.