How crap is Russian TV (RT)?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Negligent-Discharge, Nov 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

RT likes to see itself on a par with CNN, Sky, Al-Jazeera or the BBC World News, but they really are amateurs with appalingingly false American accents. The ticker at the bottom of the news read "Headless rebels gather in Gulf after US rejects rebel ladership." These rebels must be hard as feck if they're headless and can still make it to the Gulf.
  2. I have Russian TV where I live. It is crap.
  3. Negligent-Discharge

Don't their accents drive you insane? They're even worse than the Septics themselves.
  4. Crappier than a MOD-RSS feed.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Come on, they can't be that bad, shirley?

6. They are, and don't call me Shirley!
  7. Negligent-Discharge

Another one that gets on my man-boobs is the ****ing Community channel. As if I want to see single inner city Mums having coffee mornings and "bonding".And if some cnut tries to sell me another ****ing steam cleaner at stupid o'clock I swear I'll trash the tv. Also, TSO has sussed I've deleted the QVC channels, the rip-off jewellery channel and the one where you can make your very own Christmas cards... in May.I can't delete RT as TSO thinks the Kaiser Report is very informative... FFS!
  8. At least most of the RT female presenters are selected on the basis of their journalistic..... assets.... as with other Russian TV channels. My (Russian) wife thinks I study the RT weather forecast intently in order to improve my language skills... LOL....
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

I would say it's just a different viewpoint, no more biased than Fox, however definitely not as proffessional as the other channels listed. As an example the wee pundit Max somebody or other, was having a bit of a personal meltdown this morning when discussing Eire and it's current financial state, even started to wander off into a personal attack on somebody, however his female co-host got him back on track.

However have started to see the dumbing down of the BBC, as other posters have pointed out in other threads getting a bit shit now as the stick with 'safe' stories with a bias to 'mid-Atlantic journalism.

On the other hand I think the females on france 24 are even more rigorously 'selected' for journalistic merit.
  10. RT is funded by the Kremlin and it's main job is to put the Kremlins views across to the World outside Russia....yes I know the BBC ect are also Gov funded.

RT does it self no favours with the "experts" and "investigative journalists" it has on for stories.

Lyndon LaRouche, Alex Jones, Webster Tarpley, James Corbett etc....
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

the accents are just a by product of learning from american tv/music etc..

RT does have some good stuff on it when its studio based and bought in like max kaiser and the suitably cynical anti lobbyist/politician/banker/new world order types new york based programs. they do seem to buy a lot of older pbs type documentaries in w hich are interesting none the less as we wouldn't usually get to see them. now they are getting regional ad revenue I expect it will get better. the news readers make me laugh though as you have a mix of russian network boss mistresses and male ex uk breakfast tv news readers doing the basic work before cutting off to the likes of alonya or lauren in the states.

the russian made docos can be quite interesting but tourism guy is a bit of a cock.

max kaiser is one of the most watched person on the planet apparently and based in london with his fiance stacey herbert to acts as the straight man in the double act.

on the whole along with al jazeera its a suitable counterpoint and probably money well spent as far as the kremlin is concerned. its a pleasure to watch when uk channels are full of constant repeated drivel about nobodys doing nothing important.

just watching bbc news 24 and I am sure the blond bird used to do RT but with a tad more make up on.
  12. It must be ****ing Shiite if it's owt like them ****ing pussy riot shat.
  13. RT, its "quality" silply reflects the state of TV journalism in Russia.

Russian TV is merely a mouthpiece of official agitprop. There is no freedom of speech on Russian TV. It is a tool of polit-technologists who serve to corrupted regime of little napoleon moron Putin.

So what can you expect from RT? Maybe detailed information about events in Russia? Ha-ha. For example, recently minister of defense mr.Serdyukov (he is a son-in-law of close Putin's friend) was found in the super-super expensive flat of his lover in Moscow. Reportedly she (33 yo attractive woman and high profile official in the MoD) headed a criminal ring that has stolen $100 millions. And what could you learn from RT about this case?

Putin sacks Defense Minister amid embezzlement probe, replaces with ex-Emergencies Minister Shoigu — RT

That's all.

It is more "detailed" version

Be sure, that if the minister would be a good husband then his little "business" to "deposit" stolen money in own pockets would continue. All these operations with state owned property were known long ago and there were many complains.

However, RT is not absolutely useless. Rarely it could be very useful just to be aware about another existing point of view, to be aware about some interesting facts ("uninteresting" for main-stream Western mass media).

The Head of RT - Margarita Simonyan ethnically Armenian. As I understand it, her main objective is to defend interests of Armenian community in Russia and interests of Arminia. So she will do everything to please thieving ruling elites. For example, last months Russian authorities accuse the Opposition as puppets of the West (exactly as in the Soviet Times). So RT tries to expose the West in the black colour just to support these stupid accusations.

Is it possible to compare RT with BBC, CNN and so on? Yes, it is possibe as it is possible to compare a tank and a toy-tank because both are tanks... though sometimes toy-tanks are not useless.
  14. Go on then do it! do you really think anyone will care? It's your pigging telly so do what you want with it. If the TV channel ever got to hear about it, they would have a good laugh.
  15. Oh come on - The Kaiser Report is so bad it's good!