How close?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by old_bloke, Sep 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Erm, you may want to repost that pic o_b
  2. It's an RC model.
  3. Most likely, as there are no runway markings.
  4. Scale looks odd: look at the a/c, and the lines on the tarmac front left: if not an R/C model, I'd look long and hard for photoshop evidence.... (edit - I favour model - those wheels look slightly odd/out of scale...)
  5. The Distance between the Wingtip and the Ground is about the Width of a frog`s Pubic hair ...... Photoshopped - and not very well :D
  6. A couple of giveaways (IMHO) on this one...

As point out already the black mark on the left of the runway is a filled expansion joint... probably a .5 inch width.

Secondly the plane is casting a shadow on the ground as though it's illuminated from back left (and low). The sunlight on the fuselage tells of a light source to the right.
  7. It's a model. Covered on Pprune a while ago with same picture plus others.
  8. But there was an RAF one which got even closer (like scraping) in Kabul a few years back.
  9. Once I flew a harrier upside down so low I put scratchmarks on the cockpit bubble. Yeah. Unfortunately no-one had a camera and they said I shouldn't do it again.
  10. If that isn't a model, they must be fecking ma-husive trees in the background.