How Close To The Dream?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Sep 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. had the grandson over..[ age 5 ] he announced that he wants to be a bus driving astronaut when he gets big..I suspect he'll land closer to the first part of his dream more than the second and probably end up depressed an alcolholic bored to tears driving the same route every day putting up with anonymous, obnoxious smelly stuipid folk rotting up his bus til retirement..nothing ever is as glamourous as it first appears.. I guess..

Does a kid wake up one morning and say: I want to be a proctologist! I get to help people live healthy fulfilling lives, make sh!tloads[ ha!] of money and get to stick my finger up people's butts all day ! "

Other than MDN who is living out his perverted fantasy in the basement, how many of you came close to what you thought as a kid ?

Even in my most GI Joe moment, I found out that instead of punching out bad guys, I was spending more time punching out holes in triplicate forms, and could field strip a stapler better than a C-7...

Even today, I'm nowhere near what I wanted as a 6 year old..

Tony Blair ever wake up in kindergarten and say.. I want to be Prime Minister of Great Britain..and regretting it now? [ bet he'd rather be the bus driver on route 6 -at least he'd know where he's going ]

Can it be that only plastic surgeons who get to play with movie stars boobs are the only ones 'living the dream?'
  2. I'm living the dream.. Have been since I took up smack.
  3. I want to be a princess, apparently they have a posting for one in Catterick but I'm yet to find it.
  4. Plenty of them at 2 O'clock in Catterick.
  5. I'm living the adult dream of most GPs. Not in the NHS anyway.
  6. I cant ever remember as a kid wanting to work in an office full of goons.
  7. I always wanted a cowboy outfit - now I'm working for one.
  8. nope, not even close. how dull is my life! I got excited yesterday as I received my monitor shelf so that it would now conform to DSE regs....... monging
  9. I'm doing quite well. I haven't taken the route I thought I'd take to get there, but I'm still doing what I wanted to do.

The only self-criticism would be that some things are happening sooner than expected while others are taking slightly longer.

Being gorgeous helps, of course.
  10. im living one part of my child hood dream in that i wear DPM but im not Shagging madonna
  11. Did you not hear that they've moved it to Chez the_matelot???
  12. Well have hit 30 and boobs aren't sagging yet, guess i can't complain too much! As for work didn't quite make it to an economist, but hey never too late right..........
  14. I wanted to be Margret Thatcher when I was 6, Not to run the country but so I could ask Norman Lamont to trim his eyebrows.. In some ways I'm glad I've moved on from those days.
  15. I wanted to be a copper from like age 14 to 20, then changed my mind and am joining the army aged 21. When I was about 6 though, I wanted to be an astronaut or something, and a scientist. I liked science back then, and space.