how clean is your motor ?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by H3, Jul 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. H3

H3 LE

2. Clean?????

Fag Packets, ash, empty pop bottles, more fag ash, several old technical files I should have read, now baked yellow by the sun, a number of small indigenous species as yet unknown to man, bit more fag ash. Scratched cd's that skip every 5 seconds, some airwaves chewing gum pellets trying to merge into the plastic. Couple of broken pens, sunglasses somewhere on the floor.
    Probably a half finished fast food meal judging by the current smell.

Outside, several paint scrapes on rear bumper where I discovered I can't reverse a trailer. Lots of dirt, hole on front grill from a fat wood pigeon the wasn't quick enough. Scrape on front bumper, **** knows when that happened.

I think I should join.
  3. Sounds like my car if you throw in a fine covering of black labrador hair and some bits of foliage. It fecking stinks too, I found the source to be my son's school shoes (grubby little bugger!) that had been discarded on a hot day to fester. On the outside I am missing a crappy plastic hubcap (suspect that was the flash of something I noticed whizzing off in the rear view mirror a couple of days ago) and the bumper is currently being held together with black nasty...

It was only £250 and I will get half of that back when I scrap it at the end of the MOT! Disposable cars are far more practical - never had one last long enough for a proper clear out yet and they cost less than most cars depreciate. Plus it's so old I can do all the basic stuff on it myself (those new fangled computery ones fox the hell out of me)- however it does mean that I have a shed full of old alternators and the like
  4. I clean my car a lot, but living where I do in the shitty countryside and driving on substandard roads, it gets very dirty in only a week.
  5. The NHS has the contract for cleaning my motor.....nead I say more?!!
  6. Stand by SHED mentioned ;)
  7. it's more of a cupboard really...

I'll get my coat...
  8. Reeelax mine looks like one of those handy wooden storage/men's cabins at the bottom of the garden too.....
  9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I live on a 2000 acre estate crossed by two rivers, in one of the rainiest parts of the country. I drive a large 4x4. Have a guess how clean it is.
  10. Blimey rich person online, well that or a farmer, gamekeeper or squater
  11. I'm getting a shiny new work bench with clamps for my er... cupboard. It doesn't have windows so nobody will see me getting excited over Screwfix catalogues and swarfega.

And back on thread...
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Landed Gentry Walt...
  13. H3

H3 LE

How about the Top gear episode where they bought a Merc and BMW then swabbed the seats ...... The flash Merc had Vaginal fluid and white powder traces !!!!
  14. I get my man to clean mine.
  15. I get Afghan Khandak to clean mine
    • Like Like x 1