How can our chubby, drug-addled and right-on Army protect us from our enemies?

RAF messes were full, good food plus there was no choice most camps were isolated as well, it was the 8 to 5 mon-fri who went home every weekend who whinged about paying
RAF isnt the army the cook houses were normally empty until people ran out of money.
If any Mess/Cookhouse was constantly full its extremely unlikely there would have ever been decent portions of food. The amount spent on food was very little, however if people skipped meals then then it all added up.

Well your Corps is on its ARRSE for Sqn Commanders and Captains too IIRC, as is mine. A lack of leaders might be more appropriate.
I've still got a CO and all the OC slots are full. They are the ones allowing fat fucks to promote and avoid work.

RAF isnt the army the cook houses were normally empty until people ran out of money.
If any Mess/Cookhouse was constantly full its extremely unlikely there would have ever been decent portions of food. The amount spent on food was very little, however if people skipped meals then then it all added up.
I don’t remember empty cookhouses unless it was block leave. I also don’t remember an issue with portions. I do remember double duff. PAYD has a lot to answer for. It’s actual impact I will leave to someone far more clever to describe.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
our yoof will step up to the line and perform like they always have done since 1066 an all that .
Each generation thinks that the one before them is soFt but history tells a differnt story.

I don’t remember empty cookhouses unless it was block leave. I also don’t remember an issue with portions. I do remember double duff. PAYD has a lot to answer for. It’s actual impact I will leave to someone far more clever to describe.
Who would use a cookhouse when you were a millionaire?
Basic training is the ideal place to remember portions, it really was one sausage, one bacon etc because everyone had to eat there, they only have a about 3 quid to produce 3 meals.

PAYD is shit for many reasons, but it isnt making soldiers fatter.

our yoof will step up to the line and perform like they always have done since 1066 an all that .
Each generation thinks that the one before them is soFt but history tells a differnt story.

Right up until they get their arse handed to them, lots of people did and we can "learn some lessons"

I've still got a CO and all the OC slots are full. They are the ones allowing fat fucks to promote and avoid work.
Am confused one post you maintain your officers let you off their leash, ensuring your men ladies and whatevers are all toned well honed RLC sojers. Then you come out with this weak officers equal weak leadership that sncos juncos are muzzled with a tight rein.
Make up your mind will you, that LE commission you crave won't happen if you insist on whinging while wanting to remove your collar.

Would RSM Brittain be classed a obese or did his personality blinker everyone

Am confused one post you maintain your officers let you off their leash, ensuring your men ladies and whatevers are all toned well honed RLC sojers. Then you come out with this weak officers equal weak leadership that sncos juncos are muzzled with a tight rein.
Make up your mind will you, that LE commission you crave won't happen if you insist on whinging while wanting to remove your collar.

Would RSM Brittain be classed a obese or did his personality blinker everyone

No one has to be well honed do they? How ******* hard is it to clamp down on biffs and fatties.
My officers constantly come to my Troop for taskings, possible because we have less biffs and admin cases than the others.
Simple question, why do officers constantly recommend biffs (including fatties) for promotion?

No one has to be well honed do they? How ******* hard is it to clamp down on biffs and fatties.
My officers constantly come to my Troop for taskings, possible because we have less biffs and admin cases than the others.
Simple question, why do officers constantly recommend biffs (including fatties) for promotion?
You having less biffs and fatties might also reflect that you're a decent leader, so the blokes under you haven't given up...

You having less biffs and fatties might also reflect that you're a decent leader, so the blokes under you haven't given up...
I have less biffs and fatties because I make life harder for them. "Cant handle a rifle? Well you are still going on exercise, get pan bashing cunty bollocks".
The result is less biffs and so less work for the juniors.

Its not like there is a special course where Officers need to go to learn this, its common sense.

Last edited:
There lies your military career, if you had been a biff you wouldn't be a 22+ staff sgt with less than how many months till you retire. You would have been a WOII or WOI much earlier…….or even a officer.

Unless of course your trade in the RLC is one that is well slow to promote..

So in your world officers promote buffs chubsters and you being neither suffered…...
Is that a Jersey Royal on your shoulder or are you Irish with a abhorrence of potatoes…….

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E The NAAFI Bar 23
ThunderBox The NAAFI Bar 2
T Photography 120