How can our chubby, drug-addled and right-on Army protect us from our enemies?

Hence why a medic on station is the safe bet.

Insisting on every casualty being evacuated immediately, regardless of their condition, raises the question of how many vehicles are required.

First cas goes down with a soft tissue injury - casevac'd.

Second cas goes down with a similar injury soon after - casevac'd.

What happens with subsequent casualties, particularly those who have life threatening injuries?

Overreaction to minor injuries leads to more potential for danger to the major injuries.
No one’s insisting on anything. Jack wagons are there to get people to the Medcen if required and two is a safer bet than one, if you value your pension.

How long until it goes the way the RN did with firefighter training- and all phys ends up gym based? I think nows a time for me to pitch my ‘Brecon simulator’ idea on dragons den.

Hence why a medic on station is the safe bet.

Insisting on every casualty being evacuated immediately, regardless of their condition, raises the question of how many vehicles are required.

First cas goes down with a soft tissue injury - casevac'd.

Second cas goes down with a similar injury soon after - casevac'd.

What happens with subsequent casualties, particularly those who have life threatening injuries?

Overreaction to minor injuries leads to more potential for danger to the major injuries.
When was the last time you saw a medic on routine PT?

They might stop the activity after two serious injuries. Something might not be right if there are serious injuries happening.

I know its bullshit but the army wont back up individuals who use common sense, only those who followed the rules.

It would be a brave MO who denies medical cover where required.
Why can’t an ambulance/vehicle be on standby at the Med Cen to be called out for “routine” phys?
Thousands of people climb mountains and run a 10k every day without the need for a vehicle trailing behind them. Yearly this will cost the military a fortune.

In my experience, jack wagons are used for people who can’t keep up to get back to camp, when they start pulling a face and whining, very rarely for an injury.

People lie on the floor with broken bones waiting hours for an ambulance in civvy street and don’t get a penny in compo.

Why can’t an ambulance/vehicle be on standby at the Med Cen to be called out for “routine” phys?
Thousands of people climb mountains and run a 10k every day without the need for a vehicle trailing behind them. Yearly this will cost the military a fortune.

In my experience, jack wagons are used for people who can’t keep up to get back to camp, when they start pulling a face and whining, very rarely for an injury.

People lie on the floor with broken bones waiting hours for an ambulance in civvy street and don’t get a penny in compo.
Thousands of people climbing mountains won't sue the army when it goes tits up, soldiers will.
I'd suggest that any workplace that forces you to do strenuous activities that causes broken bones and results in waiting for hours for help has very high insurance premiums.

Because nobody's stupid enough to sign that risk assessment off?
Risk assessments only need to take reasonable precautions.

Runners dropping dead at the last Cardiff(?) marathon led to questions being asked of the medical precautions taken.

Everything that could reasonably be put in place was there.

Hence, no witch hunt, at least not to my knowledge anyway.

Runners dropping dead at the last Cardiff(?) marathon led to questions being asked of the medical precautions taken.

Maybe you should tag along with @theinventor on his next dog walk explain the error of ways to the PTI?

People volunteer for the Cardiff marathon and can run to suit themselves, most PT is enforced and can result in people running faster than their comfort zone. Two different things.

People volunteer for the Cardiff marathon and can run to suit themselves, most PT is enforced and can result in people running faster than their comfort zone. Two different things.
People volunteer to join the army for good TACOS and should reasonably foresee part of that involving rigourous PT without hovering medical cover.
The genie has been let out of the bottle ref H and S Risk Assessments with a culture of “creeping excellence” meaning authors are doubling down unnecessarily and that just becomes the new norm.
Other than using common sense and The MOD fighting some cases in court to get back to a point of reasonableness it’s probably a self full filling spiral of more and more ridiculous safety measures that hinder fitness training and push the once common and easy to organise into the too difficult bracket.

Every PT session should see soldiers being taken out of there comfort zone.

As I said, when it's your career, house, income and pension riding on it then feel free to do what you want.

Standing up in an inquiry into why someone dropped dead on a PT lesson you've signed off on and saying that people died on the Cardiff marathon without anyone crying about it will see all of them disappearing rapidly over the horizon along with everyone in your unit who wasn't stupid enough to put their name on a risk assessment.

I've no experience of serving in the Armed Forces. But I get a kind of general impression that the soldiers, sailors and airmen who fought in WWII had a sense of duty, patriotism, and willingness to sacrifice everything, even their own lives, for their country.

That was because their country was united and strong, With a common, shared, culture and identity. Which soldiers were prepared to fight for.

But nowadays, the country is not united. It's riven by diversity and multiculturalism into separate"communities". All at odds, or at least, incompatible with one another. With different religions, cultures, and languages.

How could an effective army possibly be created from such disparate elements. And what exactly would such an army be fighting for?

I've no experience of serving in the Armed Forces. But I get a kind of general impression that the soldiers, sailors and airmen who fought in WWII had a sense of duty, patriotism, and willingness to sacrifice everything, even their own lives, for their country.

That was because their country was united and strong, With a common, shared, culture and identity. Which soldiers were prepared to fight for.

But nowadays, the country is not united. It's riven by diversity and multiculturalism into separate"communities". All at odds, or at least, incompatible with one another. With different religions, cultures, and languages.

How could an effective army possibly be created from such disparate elements. And what exactly would such an army be fighting for?
Nothing to do with ambulance chasing lawyers. Ever military person and some RAF join knowing they could die for Queen and country.

Other than using common sense and The MOD fighting some cases in court to get back to a point of reasonableness it’s probably a self full filling spiral of more and more ridiculous safety measures that hinder fitness training and push the once common and easy to organise into the too difficult bracket.
That ship started to sail a couple of decades ago and is well over the horizon now.

Resulting in circumstances such as a young testosterone filled PTI who has attended a course for a few weeks, is deemed more suitable and a requirement. Over a Troop Staffy who has been conducting Leadership activities for a dozen years or more to look after the basic fitness needs of his troops. Indeed the Staffy needs the top cover from the inexperienced kid!

If something is laid out in a regulation, even if words like, recommend, ideal and if possible are used. It would take a brave (foolhardy) individual to disregard it when it was easily achievable, because "we hav all gone soft and elf and safteeeee is a waste of time innit". :)

Every PT session should see soldiers being taken out of there comfort zone.
Project THOR has put paid to that being a blanket statement. The main driver for PT now seems to be to reduce injury whilst doing your day job. To be fair, the H&S stuff has reined in the utter cowboys and maniacs that gave the MOD a bad name, and actually mad the MAA or senior Corps man work for a living.

Huge numbers of British servicemen in WW2 were conscripts and just wanted to get through it and get home. A lot of them were extremely risk averse and have openly admitted it.

We also had hundreds of thousands from all over the Empire, as disparate as it gets. All fighting a common cause which is what brought them together.

Unlike you, I. Have and do serve in the army for a very long time. And despite being let down time and again by politicians and senior officers. The troops on the ground in our volunteer army very rarely fail to produce what they have been told to do, within their means.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E The NAAFI Bar 23
ThunderBox The NAAFI Bar 2
T Photography 120