How Brainy are you?

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by Didosdadsdogsdead, Dec 14, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Below are four (4) questions and a bonus question. You have to answer
    them instantly. You can't take your time, answer all of them immediately. OK?

Let's find out just how clever you really are.

Ready? GO!!! ...............................(scroll down)

First Question:
    You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

Answer: If you answered that you are first, then you are absolutely wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place,you are second!

Try not to screw up in the next question, please. What would your friends think, if they saw your answer?

To answer the second question, don't take as much time as you took for the first question.

Second Question:
    If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

Answer: If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong
    again. Tell me, how can you overtake the LAST Person?

You're not very good at this! Are you? To what, exactly, do you attribute this?

Third Question:
    Very tricky arithmetic! Note: This must be done in your head only.

Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it. Based on your previous performance, we are not holding out much hope for your success. However, hope always springs eternal. . . .

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another

1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000
    Now add 10. What is the total?

Scroll down for answer.

Did you get 5000?

The correct answer is actually 4100.

Don't believe it? Check with your calculator! Today is definitely not our day. Maybe you will get the last question right? But that's only a maybe'.. . and we are not holding our breath.

Fourth Question:

Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono.
    What is the name of the fifth daughter?

Answer: Nunu?

NO! Of course not. Her name is Mary. Read the question again, please. Tsk!

Okay, now the bonus round--PLEASE TRY HARDER THIS TIME!

There is a mute person who wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing one's teeth he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done.Now if there is a blind man who wishes to buy a pair of sunglasses, how should he express himself?

He just has to open his mouth and ask you idiot. So simple it bloody hurts!!!

OK fess up, how many did You get ??
  2. Igot them all right, you may now call me God!!

Its only coz i have done them before on another site

But hears one for you
    Liftyour right foot and make clockwise circles with it

With your right hand held out in front of you draw a number 6.

Which way is your foot turning when you finish??
  3. Why would a blind man want sunglasses?
  4. Monster! I just did this in the office and had the boss (a Colonel) in hysterics when I told him what i was doing!!!!

Good drills! :D
  5. me too. :oops:
  6. Cu't, your so clever, but not when your hanging by your feet with your head in the bog.

You can only smile if you've still got your teeth!
  7. did the foot thing on duty had everyone going nuts trying to outwit their own bloody extremities for hours some sad tw@t was still convinced 2 days later if he practised he would be able to do it

now if i can only remember that word thing i had them going spare about for a week....

In darts, the best possible thing is a nine dart finish, OK?,

In snooker, the equivalent thing would be a 147 break, roger so far?,

In cricket, a similar happening would be if the bowler bowled the batsman out first ball every time, So.......

If that were to happen, what number would be the batsman left at the crease at the end of the innings??

9. Give the man a coconut!! :wink:
  10. Weel thats wasted 10 mins any one got any more????

Ohhhh and Dido you are c u n t for making me think this hard in an afternoon
  11. number 2?
  12. I thought number 1 or 2 depending on who got bowled to first but remember the change of ends at the end of an over.
  13. flash_to_bang had to ask:

So he will look cool playing the blues!

like ole Blind Melon Chitlin'

reminds me of the Army Recruiter interviewing a blind man trying to enlist with the airborne rangers:

A blind man was describing his favorite sport of parachuting.

When asked how this was accomplished, he said that things were all done for him: "I am placed in the door and told when to jump. My hand is placed on my release ring for me, and out I go."

"But how do you know when to pull the rip cord?" he was asked.

"I have a very keen sense of smell and I can smell the trees and grass when I am 300 feet from the ground," answered the blind man.

"But how do you know when to lift your legs for the moment you land?" he was again asked.

"Oh, the dog's leash goes slack".

14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Go slam your tabs in at Biohazardboots' basha !