Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

how bone is your missus.

Next time you'll know, so tell her you're taking her out for dinner, let her go through all the faff.
Then, when you return home with a collection of keep-warm boxes from you're local takeaway, point out you'd said you would take her out, but that nothing had been said about not coming home with dinner.
From experience , an indeterminate radio silence will ensue.
Or he could tell her he's booked a table for a nice Italian meal and then take her to Pizza Hut.

I think you either need to alter the timings you've put in the above post, or accept that your table will have been given away...
That's not bone, that's just plain rude.

You're taking her out for dinner for her birthday and she's faffing about all afternoon until she's made sure she's still at the house waaaayyy past your reservation time. I think you have to face it - she's just not into you.
Yep, you are right, my rising anger caused the timings to go way off. 17 should read 15.

I wait until SWMBO has just started drying her hair.

I carry out the full S-S-S-S routine, dry off and get dressed.

Then sit and wait for her. No concept of time. I add a half hour to all timings.......

... No concept of time. I add a half hour to all timings.......

SWMBO's usual routine was to get pretty much ready for departure on time then:
Make herself a coffee at the time we should be leaving the house;
4mins later (the time it takes to walk to the garage) decides to take a pee, then don shoes and coat, final brush of hair and finish off the coffee;
We're now almost 10mins past the declared 'wheels rolling' time;
Add 4 mins to walk to the garage and we're, near as dammit, 15mins late.
Immutable timetable.
So, I started the old 'add 30mins' routine. Nothing doing: as I said an immutable routine.
"WTH, we're now 45mins late, " came my plaintive yell.
"Bloody nonsense, " she yells back. "I'm not stupid. I can work out how long it'll take to get there as well as you can. All you've done is add 30mins."
There are times, really there are ... !!

I wait until SWMBO has just started drying her hair.

I carry out the full S-S-S-S routine, dry off and get dressed.

Then sit and wait for her. No concept of time. I add a half hour to all timings.......
After reading that I'm suspicious that I have a split personality and your account is actually me posting as my other self.

Or our respective womenfolk are both chronographically inept haemorrhoids.