Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

how bone is your missus.

An ongoing situation: I'm typing in real time.

I'm taking the wife out for an early dinner tonight for her birthday, leaving the household at 16:00, reservation is at 17:00.

12:00:
Her: I'm going to take a shower and start getting ready.
Me: Ok, I'm going for a nap.
13:30: I awake, the bathroom door is still closed but I can hear motion.
13:30 - 15:00: Lot's of motion in & out of the bathroom, to the bedroom, the closet, & back to the bathroom.
15:00:
Me: Any chance we get some closure to the bathroom situation?
Her: What?
Me: Well, we are leaving in an hour and I need to get ready myself.
Her: I'm done, you can use it if you want.
Me: Thanks, for letting me know. - I stand up.
Her: Hang on a sec, I still need to put my lipstick on.
I sit down.
15:28
Me: fer fukks sake.. I need to get ready !!!!!
It: Shush, I'm almost done and walks back into the bathroom, back to the bedroom, back to the bathroom.
15:33: Tick. Tick, Tick, Fume, Fume, Fume!!
15:36:
It: Are you getting ready or what?

I'm gunna blow I tells ya !!

Last edited:

I'm taking the wife out for an early dinner tonight for her birthday, leaving the household at 16:00, reservation is at 17:00.

13:30 - 15:00: Lot's of motion in & out of the bathroom, to the bedroom, the closet, & back to the bathroom.
I sit down.
17:28
It: Shush, I'm almost done and walks back into the bathroom, back to the bedroom, back to the bathroom.
17:33: Tick. Tick, Tick, Fume, Fume, Fume!!
17:36:

You're late. WTF have you been doing? :)

I sit down.

You muppet!! I start getting ready when SWMBO is at the door ready to leave the house or even better outside. One important point, why didn't you use one of the other bathrooms? why get ready just go as you are, use crash out drills and you should be in the vehicle within 3mins

I remember parades like this in the late 80,s, Coveralls with pressed creases in arms and legs.With stable belts highly polished and battery cravats. Bulled boots also obviously. We used to have 3 sets of coveralls issued so we kept one new set just for parades and swapped into an old set to work in. We also had to get completely changed into working dress for anywhere other than the gun park. Artillery bullshit back then was mind boggling.
you mean Onesies.....aaaa bless

The current mrs_mush and I have just been watching Supervet on one of the one-double digit satellite channels.

"Why are they pixellating the gory bits?"

'Because it's before the watershed" light of my life, "remember when we watched on C4 it was after 9:00pm"

"That's a shame, I quite like the surgical bits, they're quite interesting. I know I'll record it and play it later after 9:00pm"

You're late. WTF have you been doing? :)
You muppet!! I start getting ready when SWMBO is at the door ready to leave the house or even better outside. One important point, why didn't you use one of the other bathrooms? why get ready just go as you are, use crash out drills and you should be in the vehicle within 3mins
Relax Chaps. Show parade was at 16:00. Shit, Shower, Shave, the whole shebang. Waiting for the cab now.
Those quick change parade drills in basic were not for the Army's benefit were they? No, they were designed by married pads who knew better in anticipation of these events.

I sit down.

I think you either need to alter the timings you've put in the above post, or accept that your table will have been given away...

I think you either need to alter the timings you've put in the above post, or accept that your table will have been given away...
If she rings down for the engine warm-up at 1200 with the pilot booked for a 1600 cast-off then I think he needs to consider a new patio.

Or just leave the bathroom door unlocked when he's in the shower.

Last edited:

I sit down.

That's not bone, that's just plain rude.

You're taking her out for dinner for her birthday and she's faffing about all afternoon until she's made sure she's still at the house waaaayyy past your reservation time. I think you have to face it - she's just not into you.

I sit down.

Next time you'll know, so tell her you're taking her out for dinner, let her go through all the faff.
Then, when you return home with a collection of keep-warm boxes from your local takeaway, point out you'd said you would take her out, but that nothing had been said about not coming home with dinner.
From experience , an indeterminate radio silence will ensue.

Edited to correct auto-correct.

Last edited: