how bone is your missus.

The world's first surviving brain donor is on her travels again. She is going to see her mate Helga, who returned to Hungary last year.

Helga has three weeks off in July and our lass could have booked a return flight from Bournemouth to Budapest a month ago for £80. However Helga is a bit disorganised as to her availability and to cut a long story short the flights were booked at the weekend for £250, and she leaves for a week on 14th July.

Yesterday our lass received an email from an airport taxi firm declining her request for a taxi to the airport as they only do minibuses. When I asked her about this she said something about needing an airport taxi, which to be fair is quite a common thing here for flights from Heathrow, Gatwick, etc.

Bournemouth airport is three miles away.

Okay, I'll go full-on eejit and state that without knowing about the place why is it that red flags flying when it's not windy is comment worthy?
1656595025612.png

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Too late, she wants one of my beers and is being friendly. I think radio silence is over but the atmosphere is still snakey.
Typical woman. Trying to end the awkward time, not with an apology and an offer of a BJ or even restocking the beer fridge for you.

No! She wants one of YOUR beers!

Resist man, you know it makes sense. :)

P.d. what flowers do you like for your funeral?

Typical woman. Trying to end the awkward time, not with an apology and an offer of a BJ or even restocking the beer fridge for you.

No! She wants one of YOUR beers!

Resist man, you know it makes sense. :)

P.d. what flowers do you like for your funeral?
One of colleagues recently said "you must have amazing make up sex". Oh how I laughed!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The flip side is if your other half ask you to do something, you screw it up, you won't get asked again.
Worked for me! Mind you. I am handless when it comes to DIY!

DK27

Old-Salt
Just now. "Can you phone my mobile, I can't find it?" Phone mobile. Switched off. "Your mobile is switched off. It won't ring." OK found it, how come it never rang? Sometimes words fail me............

Today's job was fitting a new toilet seat. Usually a 15 minute job. Too far back/forward/left/right and so on until she approves. 'Did you put sealant round the screws?' I have now. I facetiously asked if she'd like the first pee. She could be accompanied either by Handel's Water Music or The March of the Peers from Iolanthe. Some women have no sense of occasion (or humour).

Last edited:

NSP

LE
Today's job was fitting a new toilet seat. Usually a 15 minute job. Too far back/forward/left/right and so on until she approves. 'Did you put sealant round the screws?' I have now. I facetiously if she'd like the first pee. She could be accompanied either by Handel's Water Music or The March of the Peers from Iolanthe. Some women have no sense of occasion (or humour).
Sealant around the seat bolts? Really....?