how bone is your missus.

anglo

LE
Grab a handful of pieces and replace with a handful of similar size pieces from another puzzle. Should keep her busy for days.
If she found I'd done that, she would rip my balls out,

scerd.gif

Kirkz

LE
My problem is that however hard I try to run the freezer down a vist to the local supermarket ( by chance Morrisons today) results in freezer overload. Difficult to walk past a stack of fillet steaks 75% off.
Racks of ribs half price and more. Strangely the missus can walk around a supermarket and come out with a bottle of bleach, a couple of pints of milk and a loaf of bread. Exactly what she went in for.
Whereas I go in to buy a bottle of wine and come out with a shopping trolley that needs a Shire horse to pull it.

I suppose I could always buy another freezer.
I was getting so much free food from the bins I went out and bought a 7 foot long shop freezer.

A mate had a BMW 328i Shadowline. Went like sh1t off a shovel in a straight line.

The old man owned a Datsun Skyline (company car) that had been homolegised*. He used to race bikes between traffic lights just to see the knobheads in the rear mirror.

*He spoke to a Datsun agent, and they confirmed that the engine had been matched, down to the piston rings. It was never meant to be sold to the public, but someone at Datsun screwed up.

Nothing at all to do with the subject at hand.
Usually ones like that that end up in the public market, have been a press review car, and they slip them into the market wherever they can to offset costs.

Tool

LE
Usually ones like that that end up in the public market, have been a press review car, and they slip them into the market wherever they can to offset costs.
Apparently, as I mentioned, it was never meant to be sold - perhaps one of the execs had his/her/its eye on it. Whatever. The old man made good use of it for 3 years, at which time he was given another new car.

We're at Center Parc this week for a family holiday. Chasing the 2 year old grandson around the pool and taking the little rascal to the playground is fun.

As we are walking about the place, her top navigational skills and sense of direction (ha ha) have clearly been left at home. We come to a junction on a path and she takes the wrong turn. Every time. Without fail. Even when we need to go straight on. The fact I know she will do this and deliberately hold back a few steps as we get to the junction has nothing to do with it at all you understand. The furthest I've got before she comes scampering back up to me is about 20m so far. "Are you sure we're going the right way?" "Yes sweetest, look at the map", not that she can read it. Naturally.

Every man needs a hobby.

We're at Center Parc this week for a family holiday. Chasing the 2 year old grandson around the pool and taking the little rascal to the playground is fun.

As we are walking about the place, her top navigational skills and sense of direction (ha ha) have clearly been left at home. We come to a junction on a path and she takes the wrong turn. Every time. Without fail. Even when we need to go straight on. The fact I know she will do this and deliberately hold back a few steps as we get to the junction has nothing to do with it at all you understand. The furthest I've got before she comes scampering back up to me is about 20m so far. "Are you sure we're going the right way?" "Yes sweetest, look at the map", not that she can read it. Naturally.

Every man needs a hobby.

Brought this scene to mind

1631786472971.png

wheel

LE

Every man needs a hobby.
Did she buy you new shoes for this outing ?.

She tried to convince me to buy a new pair of trainers for some unknown reason. Following her London shoe debacle, my refusal went wisely unchallenged. FFS we're only here for 5 days, why do I need new trainers for that?

The saga of the refurnished conservatory at Maison Scum continues. She bought a battery powered light and a battery powered string of lights, one to go on the window ledge and the other to wrap around the fake plant she got at Ikea. Tacky - meh, what does my opinion matter?

So now the sun has set, she's gone into the conservatory to turn them on. When asked why, as she isn't sat in the conservatory and can't see them from where she's sat, nor can anyone else pretty much as the conservatory is hardly overlooked, the response, "Because it looks nice". My "To whom, no one can fuckin' see them", wasn't met with a cheery response.

Still, I suppose they are shiny things and the female does like shiny stuff, no matter how impractical or pointless.

@Civvy Scum I know how you feel, mine is trying to cause a world shortage of those ghastly solar garden lights.
I am quite sure that as we live on the flightpath into Northolt there will be a NOTAM issued any time now.
Likewise we can't see them from where we sit....

@Civvy Scum I know how you feel, mine is trying to cause a world shortage of those ghastly solar garden lights.
I am quite sure that as we live on the flightpath into Northolt there will be a NOTAM issued any time now.
Likewise we can't see them from where we sit....
She bought some of those solar garden lights a few years ago. Which given that the back garden is ever so slightly pretty much constantly in the shade, (unless they were put in the middle of the lawn, which even she agreed would be stupid), wasn't one of her better thought-out purchases.

Naturally I didn't put them in the most shaded parts of the garden. No. Certainly not.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'm currently in the West Country visiting my mum. Had a quick video call with my GF in East Anglia this morning. She was wearing a jumper and had a blanket on her lap, so I asked why she didn't just put the heating on. Being a gentleman, I said I'd use the Hive app to turn it on for her. "Do you have enough range?" the little darling asked (she has a proper science PhD and is a professor).

I'm currently in the West Country visiting my mum. Had a quick video call with my GF in East Anglia this morning. She was wearing a jumper and had a blanket on her lap, so I asked why she didn't just put the heating on. Being a gentleman, I said I'd use the Hive app to turn it on for her. "Do you have enough range?" the little darling asked (she has a proper science PhD and is a professor).
Same, Mrs WW still cant grasp the concept of remote viewing of the security cameras form another country.

unicorn77

War Hero
"Was Jimmy Greaves a goalie then?"

"Errr...... he was about as far removed from being a goalie as anyone on the pitch! Why do you ask?"

"It says on the back of your paper "Goodbye to the goal king."

Latest Threads