how bone is your missus.

Had one today swmbo driving round Lincoln, not the easiest of cities however I was worse for wear and said I will direct you. "Oh no worries I will put the sat nav on" Imagine the "fucky offy" glares I got when it sent her down a dead end street. I just said you should have taken that first right, taken you right back to where we wanted to be.
All of a sudden "Just you tell me where to go then!"
Only been living in the area for oooo.......... all my life, but yeah trust your shit sat nav.
Oh happy days in Lincoln.

The Customs surveillance courses used to be run there, and there was always a certain frisson on day 2,week 2 when it was footwork in and around the locale.

Target scrote role player* pitches up at the railway station, bimbles around for a bit and then heads up to the Cathedral for a meet in a pub via of course up Steep Hill.

*It certainly sorted out the chubby bints on the course who took a bit of a shine to him when at the debrief it was explained that his thighs were the result of lots of running and climbing, not implants.

The Customs surveillance courses used to be run there, and there was always a certain frisson on day 2,week 2 when it was footwork in and around the locale.

Target scrote role player* pitches up at the railway station, bimbles around for a bit and then heads up to the Cathedral for a meet in a pub via of course up Steep Hill.

*It certainly sorted out the chubby bints on the course who took a bit of a shine to him when at the debrief it was explained that his thighs were the result of lots of running and climbing, not implants.
That would be the Magna Carta on the corner then.

I recall attending the nearby training centre, which included among the TV channels in the bedrooms one entitled 'Adult Filth'. If only others could be so honestly described, channel 1 could have been 'Lefty propaganda', channel 4 'Real lefty propaganda' and so on

She's decided she has to go back onto "Her" diet.
Pointless of me to suggest she gets off her arse and do some exercise obviously, so I keep schtum on that score.
Decided I'd like a mid-morning snack just now, two slices of toast and marmite.
Her reaction? "Eating again?" with an accusatory tone to her voice.
"Look woman, YOU might be on a diet but I am not", didn't go down well.
Apparently I should also go on "Her" diet to "support" her - as if that is ever going to happen.

She's decided she has to go back onto "Her" diet.
Pointless of me to suggest she gets off her arse and do some exercise obviously, so I keep schtum on that score.
Decided I'd like a mid-morning snack just now, two slices of toast and marmite.
Her reaction? "Eating again?" with an accusatory tone to her voice.
"Look woman, YOU might be on a diet but I am not", didn't go down well.
Apparently I should also go on "Her" diet to "support" her - as if that is ever going to happen.
New theory. It's a Sisterhood. I'd love to get my hands on their mission statement (as if I couldn't guess) and rule book.

Well herself is in a right old state and no mistake, she's in a hell of a quandary right now.

A few weeks back we were sitting in her office talking while she was writing up some case notes. After finishing the notes she complained that her computer had slowed down. I offered to take a look and at that point she loses it and starts shouting about not treating her like she is stupid and she will fix it herself if there is a problem. With that I get up and walk away.

Well her computer is still slow and now there is a new problem...a really life shattering problem (for her anyways). Her email program has gone t!ts up and now in her mind it needs fixing and fixing right now. *

Now here is why she's in a quandary, she knows that by coming to me for help she is gonna have to apologise for her little tantrum a few weeks back. She hasn't asked me for help yet but yesterday she asked if my email was working and I told her it was.

She then tells me hers won't send mail but will receive it. I said nothing and just walked away. This morning she has twice asked for help in a very, very roundabout way hoping I'll take the hint and look at her computer.

Well she is $h!t out of luck and I'm feeling bloody minded today so she can sweat it as I know she surely is. After all I'd hate to go in there and fix the problem leaving her feeling stupid afterwards.

* I checked her computer this morning after she went out into town. The SMTP has for some reason slipped back into default port 25. A two second job to fix but I'm going to milk this for all it's worth.

Last edited:
My ex Mrs used to get upset when she had a friend over and I would ask if 2 constituted a coven.

Nice one mate...that really made me laugh.

BTW I'll be nicking that one for future use.

Well herself is in a right old state and no mistake, she's in a hell of a quandary right now.

A few weeks back we were sitting in her office talking while she was writing up some case notes. After finishing the notes she complained that her computer had slowed down. I offered to take a look and at that point she loses it and starts shouting about not treating her like she is stupid and she will fix it herself if there is a problem. With that I get up and walk away.

Well her computer is still slow and now there is a new problem...a really life shattering problem (for her anyways). Her email program has gone t!ts up and now in her mind it needs fixing and fixing right now. *

Now here is why she's in a quandary, she knows that by coming to me for help she is gonna have to apologise for her little tantrum a few weeks back. She hasn't asked me for help yet but yesterday she asked if my email was working and I told her it was.

She then tells me hers won't send mail but will receive it. I said nothing and just walked away. This morning she has twice asked for help in a very, very roundabout way hoping I'll take the hint and look at her computer.

Well she is $h!t out of luck and I'm feeling bloody minded today so she can sweat it as I know she surely is. After all I'd hate to go in there and fix the problem leaving her feeling stupid afterwards.

* I checked her computer this morning after she went out into town. The SMTP has for some reason slipped back into default port 25. A two second job to fix but I'm going to milk this for all it's worth.
Haven't you learned that you are always wrong, regardless of the circumstances. Now be a good Cabana boy and know your role in the household!

Well herself is in a right old state and no mistake, she's in a hell of a quandary right now . . .

Yes, yes . . . it's a two-minute job . . . but, did you do the two-minute "fix", or did you leave it "as is", and now sit there silent, in the confidence you know how to fix it ?! ;) .

PS: WTF is the SMTP, and is it responsible for the slow performance of my lap-top ?!

Yes, yes . . . it's a two-minute job . . . but, did you do the two-minute "fix", or did you leave it "as is", and now sit there silent, in the confidence you know how to fix it ?! ;) .

PS: WTF is the SMTP, and is it responsible for the slow performance of my desk-top ?!
<nerd mode>
SMTP = Simple Mail Transfer Protocol = How email is sent from one computer to another.

Port 25 is the normal one used but often blocked to reduce spam. Many systems use 587 instead. This is set in your outgoing mail settings.
</nerd mode>

Kirkz

LE
<nerd mode>
SMTP = Simple Mail Transfer Protocol = How email is sent from one computer to another.

Port 25 is the normal one used but often blocked to reduce spam. Many systems use 587 instead. This is set in your outgoing mail settings.
</nerd mode>
Not Simple Mans Tiny Penis then?

<nerd mode>

</nerd mode>
Thank you for that . . . sometimes, I wish I knew what you were talking about . . . ;) .

But, if you think I am now going to start looking for, and opening-up, deeply buried menus and protocols, and then start fiddling with the settings . . . you are VERY mistaken !! :( .

It's more likely to be going slow because of the ransomware quietly encrypting all the files on the hard drive, triggered by the dodgy shopping link she clicked on earlier in the week.

PS: WTF is the SMTP, and is it responsible for the slow performance of my lap-top ?!

I looked and found the problem, fixing it will require a huge amount of groveling on her part or a 250 mile round trip to the nearest computer repair shop.

I'm okay with either of her choices.

<nerd mode>

</nerd mode>
I've been looking for the file </nerd mode> to try and rectify a similar problem but cannot find it!

Latest Threads