Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how bone is your missus.

I wish.
Ripping out the fitted units and replacing it with shelving.
Swapping the layout of the sink etc. Making it more open plan, things to hand in Kilmer jars.
Making the worktops to measure myself. So loads of glue, no nails and gaps for things to fall into.
Sounds like a four or five year major project ;) . These things shouldn't be rushed! Should keep you busy, and her quiet, for all that time :) .

10 days ago or so she sliced her little finger open on the razor-sharp edge of an aluminium 'fake fire' in the lounge. It was quite deep and bled like a bitch, tbf.
This morning she tells me that (although it's healed) it still feels strange and that "it's quite numb".
She then holds out her finger to me and says "see, feel it. Does it feel numb to you?"
:-?

Our two daughters will be shocked to find out they are adopted.

She's a bloke and you're a sausage jockey. It's OK for you to come out and admit this, we won't mock.

Much.
My missus likes sausages, these are her favourites.

1611393869232.png

Conversely, I do want a new kitchen. I've had the quote and picked my tiles and everything, got the 3D renderings - the lot. The day the fitters were supposed to come and check the measurements were correct and the design would fit and sort out the last details Boris shut us in again. It's been a year and I've still not got a new kitchen, bathroom or double-glazing units.

I've made a fortune out of this mine-hunting malarkey. Can I spend any of it? Can I fuck!!

Boris; you're a fucking shitwhistler of an inept cunt!!

Ditto those Commie wankflutes that let the Wuflu out in the first place.

explode.gif
Mine hunting?

In the North Sea?

NSP

LE
Mine hunting?

In the North Sea?
Yep. A load of old stuff that sank to the seabed and got covered over as a result of two minor bouts of international fisticuffs. Barely made the news of the time or any contemporary documentaries, so small and insignificant were they, so it's hardly surprising you've not heard of them.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Mine hunting?

In the North Sea?

During WW1 the North Sea Barrage stretched from Norway to Orkney
Over 70,000 mines.
Success was low, less than 10 UBoats.

After the war only about a quarter were recovered and that cost us and the US Navy a fair few ships and lives.

NSP

LE
During WW1 the North Sea Barrage stretched from Norway to Orkney
Over 70,000 mines.
Success was low, less than 10 UBoats.

After the war only about a quarter were recovered and that cost us and the US Navy a fair few ships and lives.
We're still finding bits of that today.

Yep. A load of old stuff that sank to the seabed and got covered over as a result of two minor bouts of international fisticuffs. Barely made the news of the time or any contemporary documentaries, so small and insignificant were they, so it's hardly surprising you've not heard of them.

Sounds a lot more interesting than the surveys I did with Fugro. We found some big rocks and a couple of washing machines. Then brought them to the surface. Probably less carefully than you are.

NSP

LE
Sounds a lot more interesting than the surveys I did with Fugro. We found some big rocks and a couple of washing machines. Then brought them to the surface. Probably less carefully than you are.
That was just the first meaningful hit that came up when I Googled "windfarm ordnance clearance."

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware that so much had been left over from the two unpleasantnesses

That was just the first meaningful hit that came up when I Googled "windfarm ordnance clearance."
Are you involved in clearing the area where the new windfarm off Carnoustie is being built?

NSP

LE
Thanks for that. I wasn't aware that so much had been left over from the two unpleasantnesses
Mines, bombs, rockets, shells, small arms ammo - the coastal waters of northern Europe are littered with the stuff.

Latest Threads