Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how bone is your missus.

For the purposes of public service announcements, when using adapters, expanders and multi-socket extensions the wall socket is still only 13amp.

Thus, if you have a four-socket extension with two 5amp and one 3amp device plugged in you have hit the limit of the wall socket. Plugging something else into the fourth extension socket overloads the wall socket, if all four devices are drawing at the same time.

And so on. Just do the maths.

Also, if you are a private landlord you have until April 1st to get an electric and gas (if applicable) inspection certificate, give a copy to your tenants and rinse and repeat every five years thereafter.
So.... My mancave... Is run off an extension lead... That is surge protected.... At the moment I have the TV, Fridge, heater, Xbox and the lights running off it.

Should I call out Mr Bane?

So.... My mancave... Is run off an extension lead... That is surge protected.... At the moment I have the TV, Fridge, heater, Xbox and the lights running off it.

wheel

LE

No just turn the heater off then you will have no need for the fridge. Every little Helps.

ches

LE
Not mine, she's way too organised to this fcuking stupid.
Bezzie mate drop short, lass he's with is a senior nursing type down in them thar east Mids. Has a significant tech part to her role being senior, all these ICU machines & computer & all that - this bit is important to remember.
They've just moved into a new gaff, 5 beds, owned by an older cpl & not much updating been done. They've had lots done since they got it but things like CH, alarm, white good etc are all from the previous owners. Being older they left all the manuals & instructions for my mate & his lass. He makes sure they are close to hand on one of the many spare worktops in the 'new' massive kitchen space.
Cpl days go by & he's looking for the all the manuals & instructions.
'Oh I threw them all away, they were looking messy & i didn't think you needed them anymore seeing as we may buy all new stuff'..........

He was on WhatsApp in our little group chat almost apoplectic with rage & probably puce coloured while we kind souls laughed our arses off.

Bezzie mate drop short, lass he's with is a senior nursing type down in them thar east Mids. Has a significant tech part to her role being senior, all these ICU machines & computer & all that - this bit is important to remember.
They've just moved into a new gaff, 5 beds, owned by an older cpl & not much updating been done. They've had lots done since they got it but things like CH, alarm, white good etc are all from the previous owners. Being older they left all the manuals & instructions for my mate & his lass. He makes sure they are close to hand on one of the many spare worktops in the 'new' massive kitchen space.
'Oh I threw them all away, they were looking messy & i didn't think you needed them anymore seeing as we may buy all new stuff'..........

He was on WhatsApp in our little group chat almost apoplectic with rage & probably puce coloured while we kind souls laughed our arses off.
Ha, clever girl. Made absolutely sure of that new dream kitchen now.

I feel his pain.

Thank goodness for online pdf manuals.
Been my saviour many times after SWMBO has had a "clean up"

Kirkz

LE

I have a drawer at the bottom of a unit with all the manuals in including quite a few for stuff I've binned. As has been said most manuals are available on line these days which has been very handy for stuff I've scavenged from skips or bought at car boot sales.

We signed up for one of those fresh meals in a box companies, as a trial. I registered using my email address but with her phone number. Delivery day was imminent and I receive an email telling me what time our box is due to arrive; I relay this information to her.
"I know, I've had an email from them as well".
"How, when they only have my email address?"
"They must have mine too then. Look".
"That's a text message babe, not an email".
"Oh yeah".

Bob Upndown

War Hero
We signed up for one of those fresh meals in a box companies, as a trial. I registered using my email address but with her phone number. Delivery day was imminent and I receive an email telling me what time our box is due to arrive; I relay this information to her.
"I know, I've had an email from them as well".
"How, when they only have my email address?"
"They must have mine too then. Look".
"That's a text message babe, not an email".
"Oh yeah".
Ah, yes. Known as a “Girls vs Technology” moment at Chez Bob. There are many...:)