Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how bone is your missus.

Mrs P: "Can you pick me up some chocolates at the supermarket this evening? I need eight."
P: "Sure my love."

Later....

Mrs P: "Why did you only get me eight of these?"
P: "You asked me to get eight."
Mrs P: "Yes, but I realised that I needed more."
P: "My love, did you attempt to send me this updated information?"
Mrs P: "No. I figured you'd just get more than I asked you to. Now I need to go out and get them. Thanks for nothing."
P: "How ....? Why ....? When was I meant ....? No, I give up."
I take it the thought of telling her she is a greedy bitch never crossed your mind then?

Me, "Dishwasher's full, I'll turn it on."
Her, "NOOOOOO!!!!. We're going to bed in a bit and it won't be finished before we do."
Me, "So?"
Her, "They can catch fire if left unattended."
Me, "Yes dear."

She hasn't twigged yet that I do this to her at least once a month.
Everyone needs a hobby.

Edit: strangely she's happy to leave the washing machine running when we go to bed. It must use different water and electricity.

Me, "Dishwasher's full, I'll turn it on."
Her, "NOOOOOO!!!!. We're going to bed in a bit and it won't be finished before we do."
Me, "So?"
Her, "They can catch fire if left unattended."
Me, "Yes dear."

She hasn't twigged yet that I do this to her at least once a month.
Everyone needs a hobby.

Edit: strangely she's happy to leave the washing machine running when we go to bed. It must use different water and electricity.
Grenfell

The acting head of all things technical asks for the password for Ao,com,
“We need a new television , as it won’t turn on using the remote control,”
I suggest new batteries,only to be told “ It won’t be the batteries do you think I’m stupid” maybe there’s dust on the sensor suggestion goes down like a lead balloon.
So while She peruses television sets at hundreds of pounds a shot, I go for the 2xAA solution and declare it fixed.
nothing said .

I have returned to the sanctuary of my bed and the company of the cat.

The acting head of all things technical asks for the password for Ao,com,
“We need a new television , as it won’t turn on using the remote control,”
I suggest new batteries,only to be told “ It won’t be the batteries do you think I’m stupid” maybe there’s dust on the sensor suggestion goes down like a lead balloon.
So while She peruses television sets at hundreds of pounds a shot, I go for the 2xAA solution and declare it fixed.
nothing said .

I have returned to the sanctuary of my bed and the company of the cat.
You were right???
How very dare you!

You were right???
How very dare you!
No he was wrong to let the batteries run down. They should have been changed before it became an issue.

The beast! Her mother always said she should never have married him.

No he was wrong to let the batteries run down. They should have been changed before it became an issue.

The beast! Her mother always said she should never have married him.
on the contrary , MiL couldn't get shot of her fast enough, I should have been suspicious, but I was young and in love with the most beautiful girl in the world ( is she still behind me ?? ) :-D

We have a very old Kenwood Chef.
It is used about once a month. Behind it is a double socket, into one side is plugged the kettle and the other my coffee grinder. Every month without fail the grinder gets unplugged so she can use the mixer. What can never happen is that the grinder is plugged back in.
I put an adapter in the grinder socket and also plugged in the mixer.
Next morning half awake and damn grinder isn't working, probably because it has been unplugged together with the adapter that had both items in it......

NSP

LE
I put an adapter in the grinder socket and also plugged in the mixer.
Next morning half awake and damn grinder isn't working, probably because it has been unplugged together with the adapter that had both items in it......
For the purposes of public service announcements, when using adapters, expanders and multi-socket extensions the wall socket is still only 13amp.

Thus, if you have a four-socket extension with two 5amp and one 3amp device plugged in you have hit the limit of the wall socket. Plugging something else into the fourth extension socket overloads the wall socket, if all four devices are drawing at the same time.

And so on. Just do the maths.

Also, if you are a private landlord you have until April 1st to get an electric and gas (if applicable) inspection certificate, give a copy to your tenants and rinse and repeat every five years thereafter.

So SWMBO wants to watch some inane crap with Kevin Costner and I sit quietly and read my book although she likes to ask why I don’t like it, you just need to watch and you’ll get into it. Well she pipes up why have they arrested him? I answered why are you asking me you’re watching, I then have to explain at great length as to why and I’m a little sarcastic in my explanation and I ask why she bothers watching, now I’m enjoying reading my book in solitude, she did an excellent angry flounce.

For the purposes of public service announcements, when using adapters, expanders and multi-socket extensions the wall socket is still only 13amp.

Thus, if you have a four-socket extension with two 5amp and one 3amp device plugged in you have hit the limit of the wall socket. Plugging something else into the fourth extension socket overloads the wall socket, if all four devices are drawing at the same time.

And so on. Just do the maths.

Also, if you are a private landlord you have until April 1st to get an electric and gas (if applicable) inspection certificate, give a copy to your tenants and rinse and repeat every five years thereafter.
Absolutely, the mixer is only ever used on its own, the grinder likewise for a few seconds a day and draws very little.

Branch on one of the trees in the garden snapped under the weight of snow . Missus goes out with the extendable shears to lop it off completely.
She can't do it. I go out extend the handles fully, lop off the branch.
Tell her that if she'd extended the handles she could have done it.
Apparently I was wrong because that doesn't work for her. My answer that physics doesn't care whose using the shears, leverage works for all was wrong. Anyway she knows how to use them and doesn't need to be told by me.
Good couple of hours of radio silence ensued. Bliss.

So SWMBO wants to watch some inane crap with Kevin Costner and I sit quietly and read my book although she likes to ask why I don’t like it, you just need to watch and you’ll get into it. Well she pipes up why have they arrested him? I answered why are you asking me you’re watching, I then have to explain at great length as to why and I’m a little sarcastic in my explanation and I ask why she bothers watching, now I’m enjoying reading my book in solitude, she did an excellent angry flounce.
So why was he arrested?

Last edited:

Latest Threads