Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how bone is your missus.

Contact of BIL had a mooch around this morning

His first questions essentially came down to how long it would be before anybody in the family ceased to care about the state of road.

Roughly 100 x 3 metres worth (plus three passing places) of misery and the really deep trough that causes the most trouble is actually a small culvert that has partially collapsed. In places road is gently slipping into the ditch alongside it

Minimum £30K to do something that will not be crap again in 5-10 years,

Mrs B and her sisters have gone very, very silent
Ooooooo narstee, very narstee indeedy-do. A partially collapsed culvert you say? Well it's not going to uncollapse itself and is far more likely to go even more, making the property inaccessible. And if it then floods...

Unless the alignment has blind bends I wouldn't have thought 3 passing places were required, 1 at the most, especially if it's a dead end? That'll knock, oooo £2k off the price. I'll take 10% of the saving, OK?

ericferret

War Hero

His first questions essentially came down to how long it would be before anybody in the family ceased to care about the state of road.

Roughly 100 x 3 metres worth (plus three passing places) of misery and the really deep trough that causes the most trouble is actually a small culvert that has partially collapsed. In places road is gently slipping into the ditch alongside it

Our drive is about 100 yards long. It was deteriorating to the point that we would have a dirt track if nothing was done. This is probably about 15 years ago. Looked at options and a tarmac re-surface was the only viable
way forward. £15,000 later it was finished. Neighbour was amazed, "I stopped counting how many of those large tarmac trucks were turning up". I was feeling rather "unwell" when the postman turned up.

"Thats the best bit of road in Lincolnshire"

Had to smile and to be fair I still enjoy wizzing up it.

Have they come up with an esoteric reason why this is all you and your BiLs' faults yet?

Blogg

LE
Ooooooo narstee, very narstee indeedy-do. A partially collapsed culvert you say? Well it's not going to uncollapse itself and is far more likely to go even more, making the property inaccessible. And if it then floods...

Unless the alignment has blind bends I wouldn't have thought 3 passing places were required, 1 at the most, especially if it's a dead end? That'll knock, oooo £2k off the price. I'll take 10% of the saving, OK?

Afraid so. Road turns through a couple of sharp bends

They were nuts not to pitch in to the original works as splitting the costs equally would have meant others subsidising their stretch.

But that is what being a pair of mean, snobby, arrogant and selfish old shits gets you.

or a cord road, some kind of suspension bridge, or light railway.

Turn it into a lake, add a ferry.

Maglev implants ... get the local technology college to take it on as a project
What's the maximum length Stannah do stairlifts? Ok so the slope may not be much but I expect the oldies would enjoy the trip down the drive at 2 mph on a nice summers day....

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Am not sure what price it is for the various logging tracks up here.

But doubt it would be profitable at 10k per 100m as some of them go for miles.

Built for heavily laden lorries and last for years.

I think @Blogg should be a kind and thoughtful son in law and buy them each a pair of wellies for Christmas.

Blogg

LE
No charge, it's going to proper piss it down at some point, better to be future proof.

Collapsed culvert isn't going to be trivial to either repair or divert.
Correct. Fair slug of the cost will need to go on the culvert, lack of which has been causing surface flooding on one side so with heavy rain water washes across and erodes an already crappy surface even more.

No charge, it's going to proper piss it down at some point, better to be future proof.

Collapsed culvert isn't going to be trivial to either repair or divert.
If it's up to a 450mm dia. pipe it won't be so bad. Anything bigger than that will certainly hurt, especially if there are headwalls that need sorting as well.

Just spent half the day glossing the back door frame (no euphemism) Mrs RM knew this as I rang her at lunch to inform...................Returns home from work, you already know which door she used! "I'm not a forking retard, I knew" Yes but it seems you forgot to inform your massive laptop bag!!! Ooopsy!!!

I just said right, one door has a ring of flames round it and the other one is just totally normal, which would you choose.............. Why is just fcuk off always the answer when they know they have cocked up ?

Woman is something of a fan of 'The Mandalorian'-which, in itself, is a touch surprising as she is lukewarm to Star Wars-and was discussing the imminent S2 with Second Born (who, at 28, is a Baby Yoda groupie):

SB: Can't wait until the end of the month, Mother!

W: Indeed! I'm so looking forward to the return of The Mandolin.

A gentle pause as I blew a snot bubble and Second Born chewed through her lip . . .

Copied over from the "all internet videos, links,etc", thread . . .

[DRIFT] [/PERSEC]

I know that one close friend has a similarly “robust” relationship with his own wife, to that which I have to endure with Mrs RCT(V) TWO.

As other friends - and relatives - choose to disguise (hide!) the “confrontational” nature of their domestic relationships, I had thought that I was unusual/alone, in having to endure the changed attitude/atmosphere, from that which originally persuaded me to (again) take the plunge into marital “bliss” twenty-two years ago :( .

Reading these recent comments has been a revelation . . . greatly received ;) .

I clearly forgot my own earlier comment that . . . .

“Women are all the same – they only look different, so that we know which one is ours”

[/DRIFT] [PERSEC]

Sorry, too difficult to follow.

After a long period of much common sense; two in 24 hours.

Last night she was browsing online looking for a replacement foot-stool. She's measured the dimensions of the existing one as she's fussy like that.
"I don't understand it, there's a rectangular here, but it's size is height 32, length 42 and diameter 30 !"
"And this one is also rectangular but it's a 33 diameter"
I took a quick look at the website. It's rectangular all right stated as H:32 x L:32 x D:30

Today it's bin day and she's been surreptitiously putting broken pieces of paving in the bin to get rid of them. covering them with a big bag of household waste. She asks: "Do you think this piece is is a bit heavy, they might notice it. I know I break it into pieces, they'll not be as noticeable, what do you think?"

Latest Threads