Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how bone is your missus.

TBGB

Old-Salt
SWMBO has started a new job. The smallest BGB get out of nursery too early for her to pick up. So I get him, bring him home and get him down for a nap. With the spare 40 min I prep some food for the evening meal. It basically couldn't be easier.

SWMBO: Whats for dinner then?
TBGB: One pot pasta with tomato and mascarpone and spinach.
SWMBO: Seems like a lot of effort I don't even know how to make it.
TBGB: Yeh well I have prepped all the ingredients all you have to do is follow the printed out instructions.
SWMBO: Nah I think I'll make the sauce separately so that I can freeze any if there is too much.
TBGB: The whole idea is that you follow the recipe, all the ingredients are there and the pasta will absorb the sauce and be more tasty. Also the proportions are taking the fact the pasta absorbs the liquid. If you do it in a different pan, the sauce will be too runny.
SWMBO: It's just easier to make the pasta and the sauce separately and add what we need.
TBGB: But surely lobbing it all in one pan and following the instructions is the easiest thing to do.
SWMBO: Nope that doesn't make any sense.

TBGB: Bye I have to go back to work now.

SWMBO has just bought a new TV cabinet, and now wants me to connect up a BluRay DVD player we use in the spare room with an old TV.
No problem.

Seemingly there was a problem. It was me. I hadn't snapped to quickly enough to do SWMBO's bidding, so the lovely thing had decided to get things going by unplugging the cables and wires and bring the DVD player and the needed cables down to the living room for me to do my magic.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do my usual technical wizardry, as what she had brought down to power the DVD player and connect it to the big main TV was this:
Cables.jpg

Well, at least she was half right.

SWMBO has just bought a new TV cabinet, and now wants me to connect up a BluRay DVD player we use in the spare room with an old TV.
No problem.

Seemingly there was a problem. It was me. I hadn't snapped to quickly enough to do SWMBO's bidding, so the lovely thing had decided to get things going by unplugging the cables and wires and bring the DVD player and the needed cables down to the living room for me to do my magic.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do my usual technical wizardry, as what she had brought down to power the DVD player and connect it to the big main TV was this:
View attachment 506749

Well, at least she was half right.

Aren't you in New Zealand?

That is a Type G plug but NZ uses a Type I.

(Yes, I do need to get out more. I blame COVID)

Aren't you in New Zealand?

That is a Type G plug but NZ uses a Type I.

(Yes, I do need to get out more. I blame COVID)
Nope trig, do keep up.
Moved back to Scotland last year.

Mine has struck again.

We are having a small gathering for lunch on Friday (tomorrow).

Quarter to midnight LAST NIGHT she commences bashing around in the kitchen.
WTF's occurring says I?
Oh I'm just going to make the dessert for Friday.
I say again - WTF?

Oh it needs to freeze for 6 hours....

No problem.

Speaking of cables.

We have a 42" non smart TV which I made very smart with a 10" Notepad, an HDMI cable, a wireless mouse, and a charger. Hidden by the soundbar we consider it to be a permanent fixture until we need to get a proper smart TV.

The other day the wife starts her weekly day long deep cleaning session. I'm not involved until the vacuuming is required so I stay on my laptop.

At one point she gets into a huge hissy fit and demands I get rid of the 'too many' cables behind the TV cabinet.

I go over there, "OK, tell me which ones I need to get rid off."

"I don't know, just get rid of them, it's way to messy!"

"If you stop yelling, I will explain why we use them all" She carries on.

"STF up for a minute and watch" I slide the cabinet away from the wall.

"1) This is a multi power box. 1 p/cord.
2) This is the cable box. 3 cables, 1 p/cord, 1 Cat 5.
3) This is the cable house phone connection box. 1 cable, 1 p/cord.
4) This is the cable Router. 1 cable. 1 p/cord,
5) This is the TV. 1 p/cord. 3 HDMI.
6) This the cable control box. 1 p/cord. 1 cable.
7) This is the Soundbar. 1 p/cord. 1 Fibre Optic cable.
8 ) This is the DVD Player.1 p/cord. 3 AV/Cables.
9) This is the phone. 1 p/cord. 1 Line.
10) This is a 2nd power bar. 1 p/cord. (Needed because of the stupid fffffing plugs / power bars which are never orientated the same way and some plugs take up two outlets).
& 11) This the Notepad. 1 p/cord."

Her: "Whatever."

All of this is run out of two duplex wall outlets. I have zipped tied cords together where I could, I have pushed a bunch under the cabinet, I built a custom box that sits on top of the cabinet that puts a bunch out of sight where they run up to the TV. In short I feel like I have done all I can to keep the sh!t out of the way and you can only see the mess if you stand against the wall.

But what really pees me off is the fact that I need to go through the above explanation at least three times a year.

Speaking of cables.

We have a 42" non smart TV which I made very smart with a 10" Notepad, an HDMI cable, a wireless mouse, and a charger. Hidden by the soundbar we consider it to be a permanent fixture until we need to get a proper smart TV.

The other day the wife starts her weekly day long deep cleaning session. I'm not involved until the vacuuming is required so I stay on my laptop.

At one point she gets into a huge hissy fit and demands I get rid of the 'too many' cables behind the TV cabinet.

10) This is a 2nd power bar. 1 p/cord. (Needed because of the stupid fffffing plugs / power bars which are never orientated the same way and some plugs take up two outlets).

All of this is run out of two duplex wall outlets. I have zipped tied cords together where I could, I have pushed a bunch under the cabinet, I built a custom box that sits on top of the cabinet that puts a bunch out of sight where they run up to the TV. In short I feel like I have done all I can to keep the sh!t out of the way and you can only see the mess if you stand against the wall.

But what really pees me off is the fact that I need to go through the above explanation at least three times a year.
Wait until she is watching one of her programmes, then pull them all out and tell her to work out which ones can go.

Then run away.

Speaking of cables.

They piss and moan to release pressure. If they don't do that there will be an overpressure explosion and you get shit all over the walls.

Kirkz

LE
Speaking of cables.

Just buy a new TV and save yourself the hassle, it's probably why she's whining in the first place but wants you to think it's your idea to upgrade.

NSP

LE
Just fetch a new, boxed TV out of a skip, like what I do, and save yourself the hassle, it's probably why she's whining in the first place but wants you to think it's your idea to upgrade.
Adjusted for documented reality...

Jammy bastard!

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Mine detecting rat:

SWMBO: That's amazing, a rat that can detect UDIs !
Me: What ? Eh?
SWMBO: UDIs ! A rat that can sniff out UDIs !
Me: Do you mean IEDs?
SWMBO: What are those then?
Me: Improvised Explosive Devices my darling,
SWMBO: What's a UDI then clever clogs?
Me: Unilateral Declaration of Independence.
SWMBO: What's that when it's at home ?
Me: Zimbabwe used to be Rhodesia until........................I'm just going to walk the dogs, see you in a bit.

Just buy a new TV and save yourself the hassle, it's probably why she's whining in the first place but wants you to think it's your idea to upgrade.
$600 sobs to save 1 plug outlet and 1 HDMI cable, yep that idea that will go down really well and put her in a happy place for sure.

"Here ya go look what I got"

"WTF are you doing? HOW MUCH WAS THAT?"

"Only $599 my dear, but I can take away 2 cords"

"Oh, that's OK then, come into the bedroom so I can play with your cock & balls"
1601032253397.png

Latest Threads