how bone is your missus.

He was there
There's just no mercy, is there...?

From personal experience: you don’t have to do or say anything, but anything ... anything ... you do or say will lead to them doing this. They just have to talk.
True. If they're not yammering and flapping their gums they may have to start thinking. That means they'll be getting ideas and that's even more bloody dangerous

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

True. If they're not yammering and flapping their gums they may have to start thinking. That means they'll be getting ideas and that's even more bloody dangerous
When my girlfriend, who has a proper science PhD, says "I was just thinking.." my response is invariably "Careful now".

I hope you're going to retaliate very kindly tell her what you've been doing, in even more detail?
No never because that will only lead to a lot of bone questions from her.

Why? What massively retarded thing did you do or say to give her the idea you were even remotely interested?
You're not married are you? If you were you would know that they need no reason to start yapping.

In this house there are four words that I dread, "I have an idea". Those four words usually lead to radio silence after I point out the flaws in her idea because they hate being wrong.

Wooden Wonder

War Hero
SWMBO has spent two weeks looking for the earphone/bud things for her iNoPhone ... it has become increasingly my fault that She can’t find them, until it got to the point just now when it was “Look, if you don’t find them I will use your Amazon account to buy a new pair that cost £150!”

I walked to her desk, rootled around in the little cardboard box that She keeps Her USB charger lead and other bits and pieces in ...

“Might this be your earphones, Dear?”

And it was still, STILL all my fault.

“Why didn’t you look there earlier, when I first asked you?!”

Sitting in the garden a few days ago and we are surprised by a bird which has swooped down and sat on the fence only a few feet away..
"Oh no, don't look, there's only one and it's bad luck! Where's the other one?"
"What other one, babe?"
"The other one. There has to be a pair. 'One for sorrow, two for joy', remember?"
"That's magpies, babe".
"I know."
"Well... that's a blackbird".

Even after over 50 years I still make the same mistake. Nice and quiet at breakfast and then (one would think I'd have learned by now) I will refer to something innocuous in the paper or whatever (often about Trump lately) and that's it, I get the whole Daily Mail spouted at me for the next half hour.

My fault and I don't do it often, normally sit there nice and quietly but just now and again.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm not that far from you, and I don't think it rained here.
Anyway, jest though it was, water levels are very low due to the very dry spring, and I confidently predict that they will be calling drought by next weekend given the weather right now.

What are you, a man or a mouse?
I'm a man with a low tolerance for bone questions or bone ill thought out ideas. I've never been shy when she needed telling to GTF and to stop bothering me with her crap.

I'm a man with a low tolerance for bone questions or bone ill thought out ideas. I've never been shy when she needed telling to GTF and to stop bothering me with her crap.
Dead man walking. Just saying...

She now insists on giving me a minute by minute account of her time down there.

Sweet angel of death, take me now.
Why do they do this? Similarly, I got (I hadn't asked and wasn't remotely interested) a blow by blow account of a movie she'd watched on Netflix.

I shit you not, it would have been a LOT quicker if I'd just watched the movie myself!

anglo

LE
How many wives/girlfriends have up and left you
{I nearly put how many wives/girlfriends have you got through, but that's none of my business;)}

SWMBO has spent two weeks looking for the earphone/bud things for her iNoPhone ... it has become increasingly my fault that She can’t find them, until it got to the point just now when it was “Look, if you don’t find them I will use your Amazon account to buy a new pair that cost £150!”

I walked to her desk, rootled around in the little cardboard box that She keeps Her USB charger lead and other bits and pieces in ...

“Might this be your earphones, Dear?”

And it was still, STILL all my fault.

“Why didn’t you look there earlier, when I first asked you?!”
And this is a surprise????

How many wives/girlfriends have up and left you
{I nearly put how many wives/girlfriends have you got through, but that's none of my business;)}
Only ever had one steady girlfriend I binned her being a needy bitch and she wanted a "commitment" at a time when I wasn't ready to commit, after her I played the field for a few years.

Wife wise, only ever had one and we're still together decades later.

I guess over the years we learned to blank out each others $h!t. Now if I can just find the remote for her and hit the mute button.

Latest Threads