how bone is your missus.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
SWMBO ain't the sharpest spoon in the drawer bless her but for some reason I am on total radio silence again. Started Monday I think and still unsure why but I must admit I am enjoying it as so far it hasnt led to a reduction in rations just silence. Same towards Mini Daffe and she is loving it too :)
Maybe you inadvertently found the mute button?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
As Chuck Heston once said, for a long and happy marriage, a man must remember to use frequently, those three little words....... I. Was. Wrong.
Or as my last boss put it 'never any harm in apologising when you have done nothing wrong.'

She was a brilliant boss too.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
SWMBO ain't the sharpest spoon in the drawer bless her but for some reason I am on total radio silence again. Started Monday I think and still unsure why but I must admit I am enjoying it as so far it hasnt led to a reduction in rations just silence. Same towards Mini Daffe and she is loving it too :)
In years to come you (and Mini Daffe) will be enlightened as to what, when, where and why it happened. Be very, very wary.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Or as my last boss put it 'never any harm in apologising when you have done nothing wrong.'
Yes, all very well but that was female to female.
Such profound statements are never uttered when it is from female to male.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, all very well but that was female to female.
Such profound statements are never uttered when it is from female to male.
Not true in the case of this particular individual, but I accept your general point.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Not true in the case of this particular individual, but I accept your general point.
WHAT!!!!!! Are you saying he wasn't wrong? Are you actually saying he was right??? :grin:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
WHAT!!!!!! Are you saying he wasn't wrong? Are you actually saying he was right??? :grin:
Of course. Because he was right in terms of his sweeping generalisation, but not right about this particular individual.

Are you Peston in disguise?

As Chuck Heston once said, for a long and happy marriage, a man must remember to use frequently, those three little words....... I. Was. Wrong.
If you want to live dangerously it's "Wrong, was I?" with an accompanying quizical expression.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Of course. Because he was right in terms of his sweeping generalisation, but not right about this particular individual.

Are you Peston in disguise?
No, deffo No. I like to think of myself as a sort of Les Dawson doing an impression of Jeremy Paxman whilst deliberately playing the piano badly. :boogie:

You mean there is one.
Where?
Where?
Tell me (and all the rest).
Morning @ancienturion,
I've never found a mute button either.
What I do is point my 'phone at them like it's the t.v. remote while repeating, "Mute mute mute mute mute...", until they shut up or go away. A bit like closing one's eyes, stick fingers in ears, and repeat, "La la la la la la la...", while wobbling head.
20200528_144711.jpg

Childish maybe but both seem to work.

That reminds me of this.

14e35ee999bf9a4902c83e26e2f7927e.jpg

Couldn't sleep, so up this lovely morning getting the lawn sprinkler on.

SWMBO comes down and tells lectures me:

SWMBO: "You're wasting a lot of water" "It's making the paths all wet"

KD: "It doesn't really matter" "It's not a lot" "Anyway, sprinklers aren't exactly precise"

SWMBO: "You still shouldn't be wasting water" "There's a drought you know"

*Bit of silence here*

KD: "what do you mean a drought?" "It's a bit dry, but there's no water shortage"

SWMBO: "Yes there is" "I just read that Auckland is having a very dry time, and are on strict water conservation"

KD: "You do know we live in Scotland now, don't you Dear?"

*Another much longer bit of silence as female brain processing goes on"

SWMBO: "Don't you dare write anything about that in your stupid website"

KD: "Never, Oh my little cabbage" *hmph hmph hmph (quietly)*

Couldn't sleep, so up this lovely morning getting the lawn sprinkler on.

SWMBO comes down and tells lectures me:

SWMBO: "You're wasting a lot of water" "It's making the paths all wet"

KD: "It doesn't really matter" "It's not a lot" "Anyway, sprinklers aren't exactly precise"

SWMBO: "You still shouldn't be wasting water" "There's a drought you know"

*Bit of silence here*

KD: "what do you mean a drought?" "It's a bit dry, but there's no water shortage"

SWMBO: "Yes there is" "I just read that Auckland is having a very dry time, and are on strict water conservation"

KD: "You do know we live in Scotland now, don't you Dear?"

*Another much longer bit of silence as female brain processing goes on"

SWMBO: "Don't you dare write anything about that in your stupid website"

KD: "Never, Oh my little cabbage" *hmph hmph hmph (quietly)*
There is a drought in Scotland, it hasn't rained in nearly a week.