how bone is your missus.

I've got a live one here.
I have just said to er "it would be a good idea to go out and start your car and let it run for 10-15 mins seeing that it hasn't been started since this lockdown has been in place".
Good idea says she and off she goes, starts the car and sat beside it.
Why are you sitting there I ask?
So no one can steal while it is running, says er.
Fair enough I reply, but how can it be stolen from the driveway when my car is right behind it and locked with no room whatsoever for your car to be manouvered around it.
Oh says er, I feel so silly now.
Dopey cow.
Get her to sit inside it from now on, then sneakily run a hose pipe from the exhaust into the car through the rear window.

You realise this s a FALSE arguement . . . and the reasons you list, are equally appropriate if the "colonials" remained seated where they should have been on the right-hand side . . and, to drive on the left.

Note: Most . . . infact ALL of the . . . "western" films I have seen, do show the "driver" seated where they should have been on the right-hand side . . and, driving on the left.

Pah!!

Given the choice, if you were charging at another mounted swordsman . . . you think you would do so on the RIGHT, to gain some protection with your shield?!

Note: Most . . . infact ALL of the . . . "knights-in-armour" films I have seen WHEN THE ARE JOUSTING(?), do show them on the RIGHT, to gain some protection with their shield form the opponent's LANCE ?!

. . . and, when the car is stationary, it makes it more convenient for us right-handers, to "interact" with your female passenger !! ;) .

I have NO IDEA what all that last bit is trying to explain :( !!

J.H.C. . . . we must ALL BE BORED, writing/typing/reading this . . . ;) .
Couldn't care less tbh.
I'm Ambidextrous.

Anniesland and Cadder as 1st and 2nd choices and Auchinstarry as 3rd. Speirs Wharf and Applecross are full, but maybe Firhill basin when it opens. I'd even consider Kirkie Marina.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
And you will need a berth. I believe they don't allow continuous cruisers on the Scottish canals. Nowt wrong with narrow vessels, you just find new ways of stowing stuff.
Where does the pool table go ?

NSP

LE
To be fair, humping a lance about while not in a battle situation is fairly unlikely, while just travelling up a road having a shield on your arm is a stretch of the imagination too, it would either be hanging off the saddle or pack animals.
Sword on the other hand was standard kit worn and potentially deployed so being on the left would be a good thing.
Precisely. A lot of films even manage to show this.

Last period piece I watched was Knightfall on Prime, about the Templars. Regularly seen swanning around town or riding off to see whomever in their chain mail and white tunic things with sword at hip. No shields, except when forming up the line on the field of battle.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Been camped out on WhatsApp all afternoon, endless debate.

What to do now concerning her Mother's birthday?

All so difficult and uncertain

It's at the end of October.
Begin your contribution to the conversation, "Assuming she survives C-19..."

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I don’t even ask anymore,
This morning I wandered into the kitchen and the over the stove microwave door is wide open with a little whisp’s of steam still emerging and bits of egg all over the kitchen and a small fire in the toaster. So l unplugged the toaster poured a coffee and as I passed her bathroom informed her she might want to check the kitchen, As she was in the shower oblivious.

This morning I wandered into the kitchen and the over the stove microwave door is wide open with a little whisp’s of steam still emerging and bits of egg all over the kitchen and a small fire in the toaster. So l unplugged the toaster poured a coffee and as I passed her bathroom informed her she might want to check the kitchen, As she was in the shower oblivious.
Are they ever anything other than oblivious?

Errr . . . just for clarification. Does she have her own bathroom?! ;) .

I put mine in her own bedroom 10-12 years ago . . . but separate bathrooms, is still only an ambition :) .

As the Americans would say, this is a no shitter.....

SWMBO is going to have a coffee morning today - don't ask!

I have been asked to go outside and sit on the terrace with a book (and the dogs) for the duration. I'm happy with that!

The house was cleaned to within an inch of its life yesterday. Everything. Vacuumed, mopped, windows cleaned tables polished, all ready for the grand event. Triangular sandwiches have been made already this morning and what biscuits we have are now on pretty plates. She has just got out her 'good' clothes and is in the shower.

Now I know you will all be concerned about people travelling unnecessarily and social distancing during the very strict Spanish lockdown. Don't be.

They are having it on a conference call type thing..........

You couldn't make it up.