how bone is your missus.

Why are you using the long life milk?
So I don't use up the fresh milk.
So what happens when the fresh milk stops and you've used up all the long life....and not bought any more?

I'm also in the doghouse for not having enough ironmongery, paint, wood etc for all the projects that she's dreamt up now we're in lockdown. It's a partial failure I'll admit, as I focussed on food, comms and booze...light bulbs, batteries, meds and the pool pump.
Sometimes I think that they sit awake at night planning ways for us to be wrong, I think their mothers teach them.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

MiL is in isolation due the plague / age interface.

Wife is contacting her daily through Face Time or some such.

They've discovered some feature or other that allows them to superimpose rabbit ears etc as they talk banal shite.

I‘m off out to lick any available potentially contaminated surface in a bid to take the edge off the pain of being housebound and surrounding by giggling fuckwits.
No luck with the driving job?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
H
You must be confusing me with someone else, I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories or mythology and my firearms are only for hunting, competitions and my own target shooting pleasure.

Don't have a whisky cave either.
Nor me I do however have a rum grotto.

Sometimes I think that they sit awake at night planning ways for us to be wrong, I think their mothers teach them.
In my case definitely. FiL gets it morning, noon, and night. If it gets to that stage, I'm off to Thailand.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
You must be confusing me with someone else, I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories or mythology and my firearms are only for hunting, competitions and my own target shooting pleasure.

Don't have a whisky cave either.
Not a whisky cave that you'll admit to in front of the missus, in any case...

Ragnarok may not be the reason to clean your tools, but I find it quite peaceful doing a repetitive task like that. In any case, guns are a bit loud. It's way more fun to sneak around with a carefully sharpened implement being the thing that goes bump in the night.

RE Afrikaans, quite correct. In fact, while Dutch has evolved, Afrikaans is closer to Flemish these days. Cloggie colleagues sometimes leave me behind when they select rapid fire, but sitting getting pissed in their RIBs on Lake Tanganyika with the Belgian embassy security blokes, there was little discernible difference in what we were saying apart from accents.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Ragnarok may not be the reason to clean your tools, but I find it quite peaceful doing a repetitive task like that. In any case, guns are a bit loud. It's way more fun to sneak around with a carefully sharpened implement being the thing that goes bump in the night.

RE Afrikaans, quite correct. In fact, while Dutch has evolved, Afrikaans is closer to Flemish these days. Cloggie colleagues sometimes leave me behind when they select rapid fire, but sitting getting pissed in their RIBs on Lake Tanganyika with the Belgian embassy security blokes, there was little discernible difference in what we were saying apart from accents.
My buddy Douwe comes from a small coastal town in South Holland, their accent and dialect of Dutch is reckoned to be one of the oldest in existence.
He lives in Leiden now, one day someone else from his home town came in to his local and they started talking in their own dialect.
After a few minutes they realised someone was watching them open mouthed. He asked if he could help the guy who was a studenty type in his 20s, "no I just realised you don't come from here", the visitor replied no we come from somewhere really exotic, about 10km from here.

Teach them? It’s innate.
Don’t forget all daughters are just apprentice women.
A phrase I repeated to my oldest son yesterday, when D-i-L produced a daughter: my first grandchild.

Tool

LE
Afrikaans is often referred to as "kitchen Dutch" - as Lardbeast says, Dutch evolved (higher status), Afrikaans moved sideways. Much like Pom English and Ameringlish have gone their seperate ways.

Just out of interest, was Tom Sharpe popular in SA, in the pre-Rainbow nation days?

OneTenner

War Hero
Book Reviewer
IMG_20200329_151540.jpg

Guess who looked for a USB charging plug for 20 mins because their kindle needed charging - the lead was already in the USB port in the socket BTW....

I may admit to it if I knew WTF a whisky cave was. I it means the actual consumption of whisky then no, I can't stand the stuff.

H

Nor me I do however have a rum grotto.
I was quite partial to the odd glass of rum back in the days of my military service. These days however I'm teetotal.

Latest Threads