how bone is your missus.

Nooooooo, That's a failed experiment right there, sounds good on the surface but the end result is not worth the risk.
It's worked well for me for over four decades. My attitude is if they fukk it up then tough, I don't want to know. Saying that though she is pretty good at the decorating and painting stuff. and it gets me out of doing it.

You just need to train them right from the beginning.

The clean up took weeks of tongue holding. In fact I am so traumatized by the experience that while writing this reply I vomited last nights curry & chips into my coffee and drank it without noticing the difference.

The lesson is don't let em do it by themselves, just don't.
See now this is were you went wrong. Any clean up should have been done by them under your supervision and the finished result subject to your approval.

Failing that, again let them crack on, your herself would have got tired of her fukk up pretty fast when it finally dawned on her that her handiwork looks cack. That's when the supervision and approval by you comes into play.

By sorting it yourself they have learned nothing and will continue their fukkwittery, they must be shown there are consequences for said fukkwittery.

Aye! Right!
Believe it or not mate, makes no odds to me. She wants that $h!t done then she can crack on, I see no need to redecorate on a whim.

Believe it or not mate, makes no odds to me. She wants that $h!t done then she can crack on, I see no need to redecorate on a whim.
They do it because they are female.
A short dit.
My young brother separated from his wife and moved to Australia.
He has been living there for quite a while and had purchased and set himself up in a home, and eventually met another female who after awhile moved into his house.
The day after she moved in when he arrived home from work he found that all the furniture throughout his house had been moved and repositioned.
This caused him to blow his stack and made her put everything back to where it was originally, simply because it was his house and he had everything placed the way he wanted it.
She eventually did so under protest, once everything was back in its original position he screwed it all to the floor so that she couldn't move it again.

I don't know how long she lasted there with him, not long I wouldn't think.

Last edited:
A short dit.
He has been living there for quite a while and had purchased and set himself up in a home, and eventually met another female who after awhile moved into his house.
The day after she moved in when he arrived home from work he found that all the furniture throughout his house had been moved and repositioned.
This caused him to blow his stack and her put everything back to where it was originally, simply because it was his house and he had everything placed the way he wanted it.
She eventually did so under protest, once everything was back in its original position he screwed it all to the floor so that she couldn't move it again.

Excellent, your brother has the right idea. Whether said female stayed or went should be of no consequence to him. Women are like cars, replaceable.

A short dit.
This caused him to blow his stack and made her put everything back to where it was originally, simply because it was his house and he had everything placed the way he wanted it.

Quite honestly, the more time and energy SWMBO spends re-arranging the furniture in our house the better.

It means less time and energy left to try and change ME.

Quite honestly, the more time and energy SWMBO spends re-arranging the furniture in our house the better.

You obviously don't know my brother, with him it is either his way or the highway.

Doug, how long have you been happily married mate?

I think they can manage doing both though, can't they?

I saw my youngest lad sitting on the stoop in the back garden last week, it was a sunny day, he had a glass of coke by his side and he was cleaning his ears with Q-tips while gazing into the middle distance with a contented look on his face.

I told him he had discovered a man's ideal existence, sitting with nothing to do, admiring his garden, with a cold drink to hand and something to poke in his ear. But I warned him that the only thing that could possibly stop him enjoying this reverie was a woman.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because there is nothing that irritates a woman so much as the sight of a man, relaxing quietly, doing nothing."

"That's crazy, you make this stuff up" he said.

Bang on cue his mother shouted at him from inside to come in and empty the dishwasher. I shrugged my shoulders and left him to it, having passed on my hard-earned wisdom to the lad it is up to him to do with it what he will.

I thought you lived in Derry. Have you moved to Cape Town?
We called it a stoop in Derry, what do you call it?

(By the way given the timing of my posts - and yours too - I think it's obvious we have both moved from our original hemispheres, unless you are a complete insomniac)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
They cost a lot more than cars though if you want to scrap one, or trade the old one for a new younger model.
I disagree, think patio.

Unless they're bedded down properly, the flagstones on the patio will collapse and crack as they dry out, and that costs money to repair.

Unless they're bedded down properly, the flagstones on the patio will collapse and crack as they dry out, and that costs money to repair.
Ah but money well spent and so much cheaper than a divorce.

Bed them down properly, well tamped and a few layers of substrate to cover and support, and you should be OK to lay the paving stones.

Or wrap in chicken wire to stop bits coming off, few yards of chain and some scrap iron then drop in the deeper bits of a remote lake.

Bed them down properly, well tamped and a few layers of substrate to cover and support, and you should be OK to lay the paving stones.

Or wrap in chicken wire to stop bits coming off, few yards of chain and some scrap iron then drop in the deeper bits of a remote lake.
Around these parts we have some very deep vertical mine shafts :twisted:

WInAfG9.png

Courtesy of "100 Deadly Skills: The SEAL Guide"

Latest Threads