how bone is your missus.

It had to happen eventually, but Mrs TM finally asked something worthy of inclusion here. During a discussion about a train driving friend, she asked how much steering was needed.

It had to happen eventually, but Mrs TM finally asked something worthy of inclusion here. During a discussion about a train driving friend, she asked how much steering was needed.
It is bloody difficult keeping the wheels between the rails - yer know !! ;) .

Clapham Junction, must be a bloody nightmare

there was a sketch on the BBC . . . 40 something years ago . . . with the driver of a DMU, chasing people . . . and, steering the thing up a railway embankment !! ;) .

My missus told me today her sister was suffering severe stomach acidity and so she asked me what the name was of the tablets I bought for her a while back when she had bad stomach pain.

Offhand I couldn't remember buying her anything recently but suggested Zantac as that's about the only medication I can think of when I have bad stomach-ache.

"Pah! Zantac, you and your Zantac, useless stuff I don't know why you go on about it".

Well, I passed over this as I wasn't aware it was a major topic of conversation of mine, but you live and learn.

"Not Zantac, those other tablets you brought me home that night, they were great, did the job straight away, what were they?"

I genuinely had no idea what she was talking about, she gave up in high dudgeon and went to dig through the bathroom cabinet to see if she could find them, leaving me to go back to my Mel Brooks video clips on YouTube.

Half an hour later she comes back with a foil strip of tablets that I recognised as some generic medication I had picked up in a late-night pharmacy a year or so back.

"These are the ones I mean, brilliant stuff, not like that oul' Zantac you go on about"

I looked at the name of the drug on the foil strip. "Ranitidine".

You can google it.

Old-Salt

"These are the ones I mean, brilliant stuff, not like that oul' Zantac you go on about"

You can google it.
I did, and found this medical recall of some of the stuff from the news in October 2019 ... just in case you want to ditch it!

My missus told me today her sister was suffering severe stomach acidity and so she asked me what the name was of the tablets I bought for her a while back when she had bad stomach pain.

Offhand I couldn't remember buying her anything recently but suggested Zantac as that's about the only medication I can think of when I have bad stomach-ache.

"Pah! Zantac, you and your Zantac, useless stuff I don't know why you go on about it".

Well, I passed over this as I wasn't aware it was a major topic of conversation of mine, but you live and learn.

"Not Zantac, those other tablets you brought me home that night, they were great, did the job straight away, what were they?"

I genuinely had no idea what she was talking about, she gave up in high dudgeon and went to dig through the bathroom cabinet to see if she could find them, leaving me to go back to my Mel Brooks video clips on YouTube.

Half an hour later she comes back with a foil strip of tablets that I recognised as some generic medication I had picked up in a late-night pharmacy a year or so back.

You can google it.
On a serious note, is she sure that it is excess stomach acid? I was in quite a lot of pain back in October and the doctor gave me prescription strength antacids. No change after a month and after a bit of googling I discovered the burp test.

A quarter of a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in 100ml of water first thing in the morning and time how long it takes to burp. Under a minute, too much stomach acid. 1 to 3 minutes, stomach acid levels are normal. 3 to 5 minutes, low stomach acid.

My result? 40 minutes.

So after two weeks of apple cider vinegar mixed with water twice a day I had a burp test of 2 minutes, all symptoms and pain had disappeared and flatulence had reduced by about 90%.

On a serious note, is she sure that it is excess stomach acid? I was in quite a lot of pain back in October and the doctor gave me prescription strength antacids. No change after a month and after a bit of googling I discovered the burp test.

A quarter of a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in 100ml of water first thing in the morning and time how long it takes to burp. Under a minute, too much stomach acid. 1 to 3 minutes, stomach acid levels are normal. 3 to 5 minutes, low stomach acid.

My result? 40 minutes.

So after two weeks of apple cider vinegar mixed with water twice a day I had a burp test of 2 minutes, all symptoms and pain had disappeared and flatulence had reduced by about 90%.
So what new hobby have you taken up to replace your now almost defunct old one?

there was a sketch on the BBC . . . 40 something years ago . . . with the driver of a DMU, chasing people . . . and, steering the thing up a railway embankment !! ;) .
Not quite the same, but on about steering ... I attended the site of a crashed German bomber in Kent and on reading the history of the incident I was fascinated to learn that all of the crew survived but one. The fatality was caused by the driver of the fire engine that attended the crash site, who chased a crew member over a ploughed field and ran him over with the fire engine.

Not quite the same, but on about steering ... I attended the site of a crashed German bomber in Kent and on reading the history of the incident I was fascinated to learn that all of the crew survived but one. The fatality was caused by the driver of the fire engine that attended the crash site, who chased a crew member over a ploughed field and ran him over with the fire engine.
Damn, what a way to go!!

You can google it.

Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a type of bacteria. These germs can enter your body and live in your digestive tract. After many years, they can cause sores, called ulcers, in the lining of your stomach or the upper part of your small intestine. For some people, an infection can lead to stomach cancer.21 Dec 2018

If you're suffering from acidity for long, FFS go to the doctors for a check.

I had the same problem less than a year ago, had stool sample checked, and it was diagnosed as a high count of Heliobacter Pylori..... very nasty bugs, leading to stomach ulcers and worse.

A week's treatment of 3 powerful antibiotics, and right as rain.

The current mrs_mush has decided that the boudoir will be repainted this easter, so off we go to Homebase where the paint is on offer with 3-for-2.

She's decided that only Farrow and Ball's finest will do (I never argue on these matters), and we'll need 2 tins for the walls. Right shade of paint found, so off she goes to look for some white for the ceilings. After a few minutes I catch up with her perusing the Delux and Crown trade paints. "Why" I ask, "are you browsing this stuff"

"Well it's important to get decent paint for the walls, but there's no need to splash out on expensive paint for just the ceiling" she replies.

"It's 3-for-2, cheapest one free" I venture ever so carefully. Cue a blank look.

The penny soon dropped, and off we went to the checkout with 3 tins of F&B.

"Are you going to post this on that website?" she asked sullenly. "Oh yes, never miss an opportunity" I smirked

We've had occasion to review some dashcam footage from Mrs W's car following her dit on how she was cut up at a junction yesterday after noon.
the files are loaded and playback starts and we marvel at the clarity of the sound and pictures, the moving gps map and the precise location and direction of travel and the speed of the vehicle displayed clearly.
Mrs WW's protestations of other persons poor driving skills fade when it become plainly obvious, she's to fast, too close and generous with the horn and assorted profanities.
I turned to look at her expression, but she had gone

Herself is upset with me again and in her eyes at the moment I'm a pure rotten kunt, let me explain. Earlier this morning around just as it's getting light time I'm up in the hayloft when I spies a coyote down by the fence and digging trying to go under it.

I keep a rifle up in the hayloft for just such events and so another coyote was sent to canine heaven or wherever it is they go. I left it laying there with the intention of disposing of it later.

Get the things done that need doing and go out to dispose of dead coyote. Herself is outside as well and sees me heading out and so she decides to take a look with me. The following conversion then took place.

Herself...That's a big coyote, these males are getting bigger around here.

Me... It's a female.

Herself... (looking closer at the coyote) Wait here a minute and don't move it yet.

(She bimbles off to the house and comes back with a pair of surgical gloves on and starts feeling around the coyotes belly)

Herself... It's pregnant, you've killed a pregnant coyote.

Me... Yeah and?

Herself...You could have left her and let her have her pups first

Me... Great shot then, possible five coyotes or more with one round.

Herself... That's not funny, the pups are innocent.

Me... Oh FFS woman! With that I pick it up and set off to dispose of it.

She hasn't spoken to me all morning and it looks like I'll have to make lunch myself. They're emotions really do defy any and all logic, she just doesn't get why I'm okay with killing pregnant coyotes.

Latest Threads