how bone is your missus.

my darling fiancee A was sweetness and light behind wheel, at least that was the case with anyone else in the car. With me, she was a demon. Foot hard to the floor, overtake anything travelling slower than light speed, take bends and corners with barely a dab of braking and just the right amount of steering input so you could hear the tyres protest ever so slightly, and $deities forbid you beeped your horn or tried to give her abuse because the window would slide down and you would be on the receiving end of a stream of abuse in multiple languages that would make a docker blush. (and yes, I had the receiving end more than a few times, but the make up sex was worth the earache)

It didn't help that she preferred BMW M3s and M5s where possible (hire cars were tortured). The really annoying part was, she was a bloody good driver but knew her limits, and she was a LOT better than I was behind the wheel. If she can see me drive now, she'd be ashamed of how I match the speed limit and how careful I am. (Sorry Love, but you'll understand the reasons)

Just before she passed, she was adamant about collecting Slug of Slug Hall from home and driving her to Wakefield for a piss up. No matter than it would be a huge detour, she had it all planned. Hire car in London, Drive to Wales to collect me, Drive to Chez Slug to collect her royal snailness then to Wakefield in time for first orders.

Slugsy had a very close escape I think.

Cochise55

Swinger
I feel the need to post a piccy of my missus. I apologise, she's been dead for a decade, so I can't lend her out. This would be about 1985
Trina.jpg

The bike is a '68 Triumph Trophy 650.

The beer was cheap lager.

The sprog I'm afraid now owns an Audi so I've disowned him.

The other day we stopped in the local for a few beers (again) and as usual had more than one. Later & because it was a hot sunny evening we decided to wobble home on foot. She was wearing a sundress & flip-flops while I was wearing shorts and sandals (sans socks btw).

It's not far really, 15 minutes or so along the shortcut pathways but almost immediately she starts complaining she needs a pee.

H: "I really need a pee"
M: "Not long now we'll be home"
dum, dee, dum.
H: "I really do need a pee"
M: "Yeah we'll be home soon"
Bimble bimble......
M: " Your feet must be sweaty in those flip flops I can feel it splashing on my sandals.
H: "It's not sweat! "
M: "WTF !!!"
The boxheads would pay good money to watch that. Errr... TMI?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Mrs F. What is my car number plate? I need it for this online form

Me. XX08XXX

Mrs F. How do you always remember that

Me. Well because I'm usually the one filling out airport parking requests, giving it at hotels and plus if you turn your head slightly you will see the relevant part of your car just outside the window you are sitting it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Me. XX08XXX

Me. Well because I'm usually the one filling out airport parking requests, giving it at hotels and plus if you turn your head slightly you will see the relevant part of your car just outside the window you are sitting it.
I bow to your bravery!

Me. XX08XXX

Nice Reg, did it cost a lot?

I have a memory for numbers.

Sad to say that I can remember the registration plates of all my cars, plus all my dad's cars, and SWMBO's cars since we have been together.

This does, however, come in very useful as she can never remember her registration when we're stood in front of the hospital car park pay meter (inside the building).

I have a memory for numbers.

Sad to say that I can remember the registration plates of all my cars, plus all my dad's cars, and SWMBO's cars since we have been together.

This does, however, come in very useful as she can never remember her registration when we're stood in front of the hospital car park pay meter (inside the building).
In the UK you have to pay to park at a hospital? Seriously?

What is the average cost to park per hour?
Depends on which hospital you are at. Facilities - Milton Keynes Hospital - NHS

In the UK you have to pay to park at a hospital? Seriously?
Aus too.

Earlier last week, I was picking mum up from the hospital. Drove in to the car park, walked into the hospital, found mum already packed saying she couldn't wait to get out of there, then walked her out to the entrance. At this point, she decided to derail my idea of going and getting my car, driving around to the entrance and picking her up. Despite the fact she couldn't walk without holding onto something, she got it into her head to try and get me free parking by finding the hospital office (across the other side of the hospital via some paths and roads that had been ripped up due to construction) and show them her paperwork. After some animated discussion, she got the shits and waited for me at the entrance while I went and payed the $6 for the 20 mins I had been parked there.

There are occasions when time is more important than money.

Latest Threads