how bone is your missus.

The wankers. In this country we just have mirrors that show objects, end of.

With no distracting text obscuring half the situational picture.
You get easily distracted by text ?

Sarcastic to a Yank?
You must be thick as mince, mate.

For clarity, yes, I'm a plastic SPAM. I've lived here 14 years. But by birth, I am (and sound) as British as the next ex-squaddie on this site. I spent 15 years as a Scaley, FFS.

Not the first time I've explained this to you, either.

You must be thick as mince, mate.

For clarity, yes, I'm a plastic SPAM. I've lived here 14 years. But by birth, I am (and sound) as British as the next ex-squaddie on this site. I spent 15 years as a Scaley, FFS.

Not the first time I've explained this to you, either.
not by your post fella

I hired a car in the States once and got seriously pissed off with the safety features. Get in the car, put the key in the ignition start it up and drive.
Not being told to put on safety belts, lock the doors, put your foot on the brake before you put it into drive.
Plus many other ones that i cannot remember.

I got a hire car in the US a few years ago, just messing about , it had these "buttons" on the rear view mirror.

Pushing them I got a womans voice asking " what is your emergency sir?"

"Oh sorry I was playing with the buttons"

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We have a really stupid automatic that will not start if the selector lever is in D or R.
There seems to be a current trend for cars that don't start unless the clutch is engaged.
First discovered the negative side of this pushing exMrsF back and forth across a car park in the early 90s as she had run down the battery having left the lights on.
She would not believe me that this feature would prevent a bump start until it been tried multiple times.
The nice man from ADAC started it in seconds with his power pack.

There seems to be a current trend for cars that don't start unless the clutch is engaged.
Hopefully that feature can be disengaged very simply.

The not starting until the clutch is full depressed comes courtesy of my mate's wife who put a Granada 3.0 on top of a bollard outside Fine Fare in the early 80s...

The Grandad had an auto choke which would rev the engine up to 1500rpm when it started.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ah yes. A hugely expensive car comes without a 3-quid-cost 'your lights are still on' bleeper when you take the keys out.
Never figured this out
Oh but it had one of those!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Eh ?
Isn't it just an inactive ingredient that usually not very toxic ?
Usually is such a subjective word.

And yes it is fairly innocuous but why let truth get in the way of humour!

On the subject of rear view mirrors, I once worked in a Lexus dealership and we had an unusual Jap import in.
I drove it around a lot and all of the buttons were in Japanese script, I worked out what most of them were, but one intrigued me for days.
When you pushed it there was a noise that was high pitched and squeaky but I could not tell where it came from.
One day I was reversing into the bay and it was really p*ssing it down, still baffled by this mystery button I pushed it again and as I did all of the rain just dropped off of the side mirrors.
Some sort of ultrasonic wizardry, very clever stuff.