how bone is your missus.

Ahhhh, I see. You may also see why I've no regard for the last "S," having laid eyes, etc...

Although I'd consider the last "S" to be part and parcel of the third.
Remember - I'm a submariner!

Sometimes it was just S, usually S-S, once a week whether I needed it or not S-S-S (because there was not a vast amount of water, no S) then just before we got along-side, S-S-S-S - which made absolutely no difference, as seemingly we still chucked up!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
You genuinely sat for nearly half an hour and that’s the best you could come up with ? Do you park your car with a blue badge on the dashboard ? Just curious
Stop guessing at what I'm doing.

We’ve lived in our gaff now for five years, prior to that she had an apartment (a flat to you peasant types) that we shared for a while. Single entrance/exit to staircase to front door.

The following occurred with the first six months of us moving, to a house – a 3 bed semi with garden, front door, back door, side passage & a gate to front garden/driveway. Pay attention cos that bit of background is important.

On the day in question I’m at work.

MiL is 10 mins away from our place & has a spare front door key. Wifes bestie is 20 mins away & also has a spare key.

Missus realises she’s lost her front door key. Panics as she can’t get out of house to her car.

Completely forgets that she could go out of the back door, round to the garden gate & get in the car & away.

She texts her mate, phones her mum to ask her to come over with the spare keys getting into a right flap.

At same time as MiL is saying, ‘why don’t you use the back door’, her mate is texting the same back to her.

Missus tells both of them to not tell me. Her bestie texts me within 5 mins.

Operation piss ripping commences but was met with radio silence. Boring!!

Mrs Dave came out of hospital on Tuesday after a brain op to resolve memory, walking and other issues. Prior to this her memory was OK-ish.

Yesterday morning she said "what time are we going for our flu jabs, Dave?".
"Today is Thursday, the flu jabs are on Saturday morning, petal"
"Oh, OK"

Ten minutes later "Aren't you going to the match this afternoon?"
"No, my sweetness - it's Thursday, not Saturday".
"Oh, OK"

Hour later "Aren't you late for picking up the Grandkids?"
"No, my dear, it's Thursday, not Friday
"Oh, OK....I think my memory is going"
No shit, Sherlock

She gave up after that - I'm not sure if she imposed Radio Silence or was just overcome by my extensive knowledge of the days of the week.

Things can only get better

Last edited:
Mrs Dave came out of hospital on Tuesday after a brain op to resolve memory, walking and other issues. Prior to this her memory was OK-ish.

Yesterday morning she said "what time are we going for our flu jabs, Dave?".
"Today is Thursday, the flu jabs are on Saturday morning, petal"
"Oh, OK"

Ten minutes later "Aren't you going to the match this afternoon?"
"No, my sweetness - it's Thursday, not Saturday".
"Oh, OK"

Hour later "Aren't you late for picking up the Grandkids?"
"No, my dear, it's Thursday, not Friday)
"Oh, OK....I think my memory is going"
No shit, Sherlock

She gave up after that - I'm not sure if she imposed Radio Silence or was just overcome by my extensive knowledge of the days of the week.

Things can only get better
In a rare moment of seriousness, .... things will get better, it'll be slow and if she's anything like my wife, much too slow for her. Over the past 21 years, mine's had a brain bleed, a stroke and now a major heart op. All have had longish recovery times, luckily with few deficits.
Oddly, the heart op has seriously screwed with her concept of time (what there was of it). It is getting better, but at first she had no idea of what could be done in a day; if she had an appointment at say, 10am in the morning, she'd want to get up at ungodly hours to get ready and nothing else could be scheduled for that day.
I'm getting used to confirming what day it is several times a day; at least she now usually knows what day it is. No wonder they ban you from driving for a period after an op.
She's trying to get back into puzzles, sudoku etc, but is finding it hard to concentrate.
It does take time.

We’ve lived in our gaff now for five years, prior to that she had an apartment (a flat to you peasant types) that we shared for a while. Single entrance/exit to staircase to front door.

The following occurred with the first six months of us moving, to a house – a 3 bed semi with garden, front door, back door, side passage & a gate to front garden/driveway. Pay attention cos that bit of background is important.

On the day in question I’m at work.

MiL is 10 mins away from our place & has a spare front door key. Wifes bestie is 20 mins away & also has a spare key.

Missus realises she’s lost her front door key. Panics as she can’t get out of house to her car.

Completely forgets that she could go out of the back door, round to the garden gate & get in the car & away.

She texts her mate, phones her mum to ask her to come over with the spare keys getting into a right flap.

At same time as MiL is saying, ‘why don’t you use the back door’, her mate is texting the same back to her.

Missus tells both of them to not tell me. Her bestie texts me within 5 mins.

Operation piss ripping commences but was met with radio silence. Boring!!
Must be a bit slow here. Was she inside the house and if so, why did she need a key to get out?

If she was outside the house with her car keys why not just leave as planned?

Or do your doors lock from the inside with a key?

Honest question.