how bone is your missus.

What she is really saying is, "I washed these overalls for you, they were absolutely minging and I'm pleased with myself for having got them clean. The least you can do wear the bloody things after I've washed them for you".
Indeed sire,but why has nobody asked me what i am doing actually wearing Overalls? As every Arrser knows we are now all high power top earners with three cars two houses and a wife thirty years younger and nobody was a trooper in an armoured Regiment ever.:rolleyes:

Indeed sire,but why has nobody asked me what i am doing actually wearing Overalls? As every Arrser knows we are now all high power top earners with three cars two houses and a wife thirty years younger and nobody was a trooper in an armoured Regiment ever.:rolleyes:
I must have fcuked up along the line somewhere. I have none of those :)

Maybe we're not bothered WHY you are wearing overalls! ;) .

Now, this 30 years younger wife . . . tell us more! :) .

In a shining example of why the Royal Signals is well known for bullshit, and one of the nails in my own career coffin, I give you a certain SSgt, whose last name is very similar to that of a well known square in Chelsea.

As a troop staffy, he recognized that his promotion prospects may be enhanced, if his lads were smartly turned out at all times. So every morning parade would have an inspection. Make sure boots and haircuts were tidy, and irons had been used. Twice a week would have sufficed rather than every day, but never mind, not that big a deal.

He then starts noticing that oil and paint spots were getting on peoples' kit, so he enforces the wearing of coveralls. Morning parade would be in covies, just to make sure everyone was in them. Then he insisted the covies were ironed. And worn with belt, useless green plastic. Then he wanted creases in them. Then he starts picking people up for oil and paint on their covies. Fcuking show parade for oil on covies. WTF? So people started taking their covies off after parade and worked in normal working dress. And got paint and oil on them, to keep the covies in good order. FFS.

Bloke was a tool. Don't talk to me about covies, I'm having flashbacks to 20 years ago :)

And why are Army overalls called coveralls?

Just a guess but is it because they cover all your clothes?
Indeed, but everyone else seems to get by with "overalls".

Overalls used to be the term for a bib-and-brace (aka dungarees). Just as boilersuit used to be the term for coveralls, but there again I'm waiting for a Rupert to claim that overalls are high waisted trousers with braces worn as part of mess kit

The Army has to be different with everything, when I was in we had to do a HAZMAT course where as everywhere else did HAZCHEM.
Fucking weirdo MOD for you.

19393748-3AE2-44DE-BE4C-8B253F8BC73C.jpeg
2B4E11C3-6608-482B-8124-A3F2092AFF79.jpeg

”Sam, there’s no broccoli left for lunch.”

“Are you sure sweetness? I’m sure I bought some yesterday. It’ll be in the bottom of the fridge.”

“Sam, are you in a good mood or a bad mood...”

The Army has to be different with everything, when I was in we had to do a HAZMAT course where as everywhere else did HAZCHEM.
******* weirdo MOD for you.
3YE

another one to do in the car. I have done this with both my wife and my daughter....

Tell her that you are going to close your eyes, and that she has to tell you whether to go left, right or straight. Then close the left eye, keeping your head facing front, right eye open.

When she says "go left" or whatever, over adjust, if its safe, saying stuff like "what, what hard left, sofft left what"

its great, you can get "the hang of it" quite quickly, and she will be very impressed with her own reading of the road, and her ability to communicate with you and give clear precise instructions
She'll spot this in a minute. We live in Canada.

In a shining example of why the Royal Signals is well known for bullshit, and one of the nails in my own career coffin, I give you a certain SSgt, whose last name is very similar to that of a well known square in Chelsea.

As a troop staffy, he recognized that his promotion prospects may be enhanced, if his lads were smartly turned out at all times. So every morning parade would have an inspection. Make sure boots and haircuts were tidy, and irons had been used. Twice a week would have sufficed rather than every day, but never mind, not that big a deal.

He then starts noticing that oil and paint spots were getting on peoples' kit, so he enforces the wearing of coveralls. Morning parade would be in covies, just to make sure everyone was in them. Then he insisted the covies were ironed. And worn with belt, useless green plastic. Then he wanted creases in them. Then he starts picking people up for oil and paint on their covies. Fcuking show parade for oil on covies. WTF? So people started taking their covies off after parade and worked in normal working dress. And got paint and oil on them, to keep the covies in good order. FFS.

Bloke was a tool. Don't talk to me about covies, I'm having flashbacks to 20 years ago :)

And why are Army overalls called coveralls?

Say no more - (Royal Signals):

16203279-2c81-4ea1-92ad-1dda8a6f3fa1.jpg