how bone is your missus.

When they ask you a question and you answer,with the correct answer.Why do they repeat the answer
reform the question and ask it again,
That drives me up the fuching wall.:frustrated:
It's when they ask a question, don't get the answer they want and then think asking again in a slightly different tone, usually with a coy look or fluttered eyelashes, will result in a different answer that always amazes me. No, dammit - you've asked and been answered. Where the heck do you think you are? - the bloody EU?!?!?

Many years ago, when wind farms were a rarity I was doing famil flights with cadets just south of Edinburgh. I persuaded them that the blades were driven by electricity and they “made the wind”
A long while ago we were driving past a wind farm on rather still day but the blades were still turning.

Why are they going round when its not that windy?

It's because they are solar powered.

Oh so why do they keep going at night then?

Its because the electricity that is generated by the blades turning (from the solar panels) is stored in batteries in the shed at the base of the windmill to keep them going when it is dark.

Oh.

<tum te tum te tum te tum>

Only if you're a passenger in the rhs seat
Wife and I were pulled by police in Bangkok a few years ago. I was in passenger seat. Prod approached my side of car and I wound down window. He proceeded to scold me about using my mobile whilst driving.

I pointed to the glove compartment in front of me. We had just driven from Cambodia in our LHD pickup. Thais drive (mainly) on the correct side of the road.

Echo On

On ROPS
On ROPs
Wife decides she can have a kickabout with my 5 year old son, come home to find a broken garden light... She claims she hit the stem with the ball, it fell off and cracked against the grass.

Apparently the grass is hard enough to shatter the garden globe light.

Her Kindle. The charger for it is either plugged in at her side of the bed or at the side of the settee. She's forever asking me to bring the charger up or downstairs as it's impossible for her to remember to do it.

So I found another charger plug and appropriate cable the other day and handed it to her. "Here, plug this in, it'll save transporting the other charger up and downstairs all the time". "Oh, great", she says and toddles off to plug it in.

Seconds later, "This things broken, it won't plug into the wall!".

"Perhaps if you looked at it for more than a nanosecond and realised it's one of those travel plugs where the topmost prong collapses down into the body of the plug, then moved that prong up, so the plug will fit into the wall socket, then try plugging it in, my sweet little prong...".

I'm trying to organise a parking reshuffle so that the front of my building is clear for scaffolding erection. Two adjacent houses have spaces in our car park, two each. They each only have one car so I am trying to get them to let two of mine use each of the spare spaces during the works. When I went round to ask one was in and one was out so I put a note through the door explaining my request and giving my details. Earlier this evening I had a text: "Thank you for your note. Please text me your number so that we can discuss it."

Erm...

Yes, the occupier of the house in question is female.

Her Kindle. The charger for it is either plugged in at her side of the bed or at the side of the settee. She's forever asking me to bring the charger up or downstairs as it's impossible for her to remember to do it.

So I found another charger plug and appropriate cable the other day and handed it to her. "Here, plug this in, it'll save transporting the other charger up and downstairs all the time". "Oh, great", she says and toddles off to plug it in.

Seconds later, "This things broken, it won't plug into the wall!".

"Perhaps if you looked at it for more than a nanosecond and realised it's one of those travel plugs where the topmost prong collapses down into the body of the plug, then moved that prong up, so the plug will fit into the wall socket, then try plugging it in, my sweet little prong...".

Off topic but I once change the plug on my brother's extension lead that powered his TV and console for one of the second of these, took him about 15 minutes to spot what was wrong.

Not the missus but her buddy.

Sitting outside in this rather nice weather watching a load of white butterflies of which some were substantially smaller than the rest.

Prisca, Oh look they have got some babies.

Missus following some serious eye rolling. Prisca, Baby butterflies are called caterpillers!!!!! Those are just a different type of butterfly.

Prisca, Are you sure?

Missus, I am sure about several things here.

FFS I'd get more sense from a brick wall if I were to speak to one. During the week I noticed that I had put her proof of insurance in my vehicle and mine in hers. As she was down State I gave her a call and told her what I had done.

To keep myself legal I printed out another copy of the POI's and stuck the proper one in my truck. She comes back from down State and I give her the correct POI for her truck which she puts in her handbag. Ten minutes ago she is on the phone to me and the conversation goes as such.

Her... I have your POI in my truck and you have mine.

Me... No dear I told you last week what had happened and gave you the correct one which you put in your bag.

Her... That was the vehicle registration you gave me, not the insurance.

Me... No dearest, I couldn't have given you vehicle registration because I can't print those out, those are sent out by the Secretary of State, I can only print out insurance.

Her...You gave me registration which you said you printed out.

Me... What part of I can't print out vehicle registration didn't you understand? I gave you POI and you put it in your bag.

Her...let me check, hang on a moment (2-3 minute pause). Okay I found it and it's the right one.

Me... Yes I know it is.

Her.. well I was only half listening to what you were saying.

Me... As usual

Her..well it was you who put the wrong ones in the trucks to begin with.

Me...Yes dear it's all my fault and I admit it, you not listening is all my fault as well, see when you get home dear....click

Sat through 2hrs' worth of something called 'Keeping Faith' on telly. Bearing in mind they all have lilting Welsh accents, the script is littered with things like "look you" and "boyo" and characters' names are Evan, Cerys, Alys, Megan, Bethan, Delyth, etc I wasn't overly surprised when, at the end, she says, "I didn't really like that. Perhaps it's because they're all Irish?"

SWMBO is away for a few days visiting relatives.

I therefore get duties of watering veg patch and fruit bushes which are out of range of hose and typically require minimum 12 - 15 watering cans carrying about 30m each way (water butts are empty by now) which takes best part of an hour each evening.

I speak to her on the phone second night she is away, "I've remembered to water the veg patch while you're away"
Her "oh, I've given up on it because of the drought"

Well thanks for letting me know dear.

Noted to add that we live near the top of a hill on very sandy soil and our veg beds are all raised so drain very well.

Sat through 2hrs' worth of something called 'Keeping Faith' on telly. Bearing in mind they all have lilting Welsh accents, the script is littered with things like "look you" and "boyo" and characters' names are Evan, Cerys, Alys, Megan, Bethan, Delyth, etc I wasn't overly surprised when, at the end, she says, "I didn't really like that. Perhaps it's because they're all Irish?"
"Begorrah! She sound a roite fecking eejit, so she does."

As we used to say in the valleys.

SWMBO is away for a few days visiting relatives.

I therefore get duties of watering veg patch and fruit bushes which are out of range of hose and typically require minimum 12 - 15 watering cans carrying about 30m each way (water butts are empty by now) which takes best part of an hour each evening.

I speak to her on the phone second night she is away, "I've remembered to water the veg patch while you're away"
Her "oh, I've given up on it because of the drought"

Well thanks for letting me know dear.

Noted to add that we live near the top of a hill on very sandy soil and our veg beds are all raised so drain very well.

Yep I have that job as well when she's away somewhere. Fortunately we have a sprinkler system in the veg gardens and greenhouses however I still have to water her flower garden and plant pots of which there are many.

I usually just water them every couple of days and they survive quite well, don't know WTF she thinks it needs done every evening.