How bloody silly

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by count_duckula, Nov 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dr. Seldon's new headline-grabbing initiative:

Pupils re-enact horror of Somme in tribute to former pupils killed in the trenches of World War One | Mail Online

Apparently lying on the ground will make them think about WW1. The Blairite ****. An embarassment to anyone who was educated there. At the risk of sounding like an old bastard, we didn't have soft shite like that when I was there. Then again, this is the man who tore out the wood-panelled library complete with books to create some kind of hideous media conference centre. It used to be where couples would pose after marrying in the chapel, fat ******* chance now!

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

If you'd gone to a decent school you wouldn't be embarrassed by it now

• Like Like x 1
  3. That is just up the road from me.......£10,500 per term???

Shit the bed.

4. Soft shite eh? 1976-82 - We used to thrash Wellington at fencing (Not the creosoted wooden variety.) I especially liked whipping thighs with the sabre - that would send the brutes whimpering back to their seats.

Mind you, they were ok at rugby.

5. So is Broadmoor - admissions free there luckily.

6. Eh?

7. Foreigners and bankers now. What's that, you're a serviceman below the rank of general? Surgeon? Move along, pleb.

8. I think he means that if you'd attended a place that didn't pimp itself out to every passing Hollywood producer to make shite war films in you wouldn't be in the position of being embarrassed by the current regime's antics.

9. I suppose it's a more acceptable method of teaching history than actually mowing the kids down with 7.92mm rounds.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ...it's not a bad idea!

11. Wellington does?! The only one I remember was Thunderbirds, for all of three minutes of screen time. Seldon has turned the place around, unfortunately at the price of him being a media whore. There's a reason he wrote a biography of Blair.

12. 'Fraid so old stick. It was some tosh about an American Military academy building up to a mutiny. Some of the boys were extras. Maybe before your time.

13. Old news, a similar re-enactment of the WW1 battles happened at my old comprehensive in 74 although not on the same scale, just one lad getting stabbed in the toilet block with an old bayonet. There was plenty of blood up the walls though, something which this posh school seems to have omitted.... D- must try harder

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I was also alluding to the fact that it's these minor public schools that attract the trendy headmasters.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The only people who call Wellington "minor" are the schools that only take Walter the Softy types and end up having their faces pushed in the mud by the horrid rough Welly scruffs.