How Big is a glass

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by easesprings, Apr 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Current pushing the fitness and taking a suppliment.
    On the tin it says to take regular intake of glasses of water.

But how big is a glass. At home and at work the only size I know is a pint glass.

So size what constitues a glass
  2. .25 ltr
  3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Twice as big as half of it!
  4. If not a wah then 2l a day is about right. Simple way around this is to just make sure your urine is colourless.

Also, apparently your body can only absorb about a pint of water an hr when rehyrdating so drinking a litre after a night on the drink will make you rehydrate you no more than drinking a pint of water
  5. Read the instructions again. "regular intake of glasses of water"
  6. My preference is for the water that i drink to be flavoured with the following;

1. Malt
    2. Hops
    3. Yeast
    (plus a tiny bit of sugar)

For which there is definitely only one glass size :D
  7. I always ensure that my urine is clear. Usually 3+ liters of water a day

No it wasn't a wahh, and thanks for the replies.

And putties I only ever drink water...... Honest even at the Army Navy Game. Only problem is the water that Twickenham serves is black

:p :p :p
  8. In Ireland a glass of beer is a pint, a half a glass of stout is a half...fairly sensible.

Likewise a glass of whiskey is a double measure, a half a glass a single. eminent good sense.

Unfortunately i don't know what the system is for glasses of water in Ireland - i've never had the expereince...
  9. Where I come from, a glass was half a pint so when the bar had run out of sweet sherry I would buy the missus a 'glass' of bitter shandy.
  10. Since someone has brought this subject up I feel I can now chip in with this little nugget that has been bugging me for some time.

How big is a hole ?
  11. In Blackburn, Lancashire the holes are rather small but at least they counted them...
  12. Good song choice.
  13. Now they know how many holes fit inside the Albert Hall.
  14. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Well whilst we're at it

How many beans make five?
  15. Seven!

And a piece of string is how long?