How bad tempered do you get when you quit smoking?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bushmills, Dec 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Still off the smokes thank God and have not murdered anyone and the new mrs has not run away, God bless her.

Am also begining to feel "normal" again after nearly three weeks of hell.

Was wondering how grumpy other arssers became when trying to quit the smokes as I have dropped down from 60 a day to zero and now suspect that it is amongst the hardest things I have ever done.

If anybody could share stories it would be good, as it does feel like you are going round the bend in the worst phases.
  2. Never smoked, so remain an even tempered smug cunt, unaffected by the girlie mood swings you're subject to, all the while pissing on the chips of those trying to quit.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I feel that my moods are directly linked to the ineptitude of those around me. Regardless of nicotine.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Hang in there Bushy, you don't want to have to do it all again, it sounds bloody awful :shock: OT, but I can vouch for the efficacy of acupuncture/acupressure for chronic conditions, if there's a good practitioner nearby.
  5. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

My best mate was staying with me at the time. I decided to quit as a result of an argument / bet that he didn't think I could, he'd known me all these years etc.

Well I was quite a hyperactive child, and one thing quitting gave me was an abundance of extra energy and vitality. According to him I became an annoying twat of the highest order. Certainly tested our friendship anyway.

But it didn't last long anyway (the mood thing, I mean). I went back to being heavy and lethargic in precisely 4 months and 3 days.

Good luck, keep at it - just think of all those ribeye steaks you'll be getting the full flavour of :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yes, the first few weeks of cold turkey are bad, but the monkey on your shoulder will be around for a while.

I reckon it was a year before cigarette smoke started to smell nasty and I'd move away from other smokers, took me many attempts before I made, so good luck.

I reckon I'd be dead by now otherwise, my father was a heavy smoker and he only lasted to 54, I'm 62 now so hang in there.
  7. Fuck that. Smerking is big and clever. All the cool kids do it.

I once went 24 hrs without smoking.

The patio has never looked better.
    • Like Like x 5
  8. I'd stop smoking if it wasn't so fucking awesome and it wouldn't mean I'd get stuck with a load of dullards in the pub, looking after the jackets of the fun people.
  9. Can someone "cock" him please?
  10. Nicotine must not really effect me as although I like to smoke a deck on a saturday night while out on the piss and have done since my late teens, I don't touch them otherwise through the week, and if I don't have a night out for a month I don't smoke for a month, without any cravings.