How bad have the cuts against Surrey ACF (PWRR) been?

Discussion in 'ACF' started by pacestick, Oct 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps (ess),

After having been a cadet with the PWRR for most of my teenage life I have fond memories of the field camps and the AT. Now playing bigger boys soldiers I’m all too aware of the cuts and how it’s affected us. Whilst I know that training had/has large proportion of funding from the Army/MOD I also know that due to a benefactor, Surrey ACF had a pot of money, of which interest was used to supplement various activities.

I have a friend of mine who’s son is badgering him to let him join, after having seen all the usual promotional jargon that gets thrown at you. A lot of this is the ‘cool’ stuff like AT, and even the DofE scheme. Is training/camps still going on to level where kids are engaged enough to justify expense and time from a parent? I don’t wish to sound flippant on the benfits of being on the ACF, however I remember my parents struggling at times (modest background) to help with camp costs, and times now are tighter for many.

If PM is preferred I understand so as not to make it a big slagging match.

2. Pacestick,

Surrey have been lucky in some elements of the greater scheme of things. Luckily before the stops were put in place they were given their full allocation of ammunition for the year, lasting until at least next April. They have a lot of their own white fleet meaning transport too area's and the training on them can all continue.

It will fall to how many staff can afford to do it for nothing, or want to do it for nothing. This wont become apparent for what i would guess a number of months.

The decision to help out cadets and familys with costs to camps etc, comes from County or even the Det commander if they have sufficient funds in the unit account. The ACF will continue to promote itself as it always has done, lets all face it April really isnt that far away.
  3. Nope, it's not. Rather than everyone speculating and shitting bricks, lets see what happens then.
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I recieved this e-mail today from out CO:

I have also heard thru an officer in our Coy that the is no funds available for running the cadet training center at BallyK left.

5. Glad you agree dear Sir!

To be honest nothing can be done until April. Not many units will undertake weekends as the fine British weather takes a turn for the worse!

So just wait until April and have a dam good start to Spring!