How are Commonwealth servicemen treated in HMF?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by M16ColtCommando, Jul 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a Fiji Islander of British descent attempting to join the British Army i would like to know how Commonwealth soldiers are viewed and treated in the different regiments.
    Honesty is the best policy.
    Cheers!

2. Well, if you're a dissenter, probably quite badly.

3. If that's the case, then why are you claiming to be a Fiji Islander (It's Fijiian not Fiji Islander) of British descent?

4. As far as I've seen commonwealth soldier are treated the same as any other bugger. If you're a mong and screw up you're in the sh1t, if you're a good soldier you'll do well, simple as.

Not a bored journo by any chance are you?

5. Someone who lists his ocupation as Full Time Dildo? You cannot be serious.

6. What do you mean by mong and if one happens to screw up how deep does the sh1t get? im not a journalist just bored training and waiting for the next selection team to come to the islands. Appreciate the reply.

7. Mong, re idiot, moron, waste of oxygen etc.

How deep in the sh1t depends what you do obviously. Overall, as a commonwealth soldier you won't get treated any differently to anyone else. No discrimination, no special favours. End of

8. seen your profile pic lately mate? its very nice but i know you're not serious :roll: actually im 19 now and for the past year i've been working as a refrigeration/ air conditioning technician. its good work and pays good but ever since i was young i've wanted to be in the army, its something that i really wanna do but if the guys are going to be arrseholes i might as well serve somewhere else.

9. If you are from Fiji, why the hell you asking about how you will get treated, theirs frigging thousands of your Island who are serving or who have served in HM Forces.

Not one i know got bad treatment, drank like fishes and were good blokes, however id say this was a fishing trip.

10. ok regards thanks for that! i found chav to be more applicable to the people i try to avoid around here. glad im not a mong but if im circumcised does that change anything? :( :(

11. yes, as you'll have nothing to pull over your head for cover at nights

12. :? :?

13. As you know the British army thrives on tradition. To that end, I have a delightful coloured chap who fans me when the weather becomes frightfully hot. Another man of Asian descent keeps me supplied with Pimms.

14. Thats more like it!!! how many colourful chaps would i get??? :D

no seriously what regiment would you jokers recommend??

15. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

My bold: Mate, the terminology is actually a pretty contentious (and emotive) issue still. The 'native' Fijians (i.e. non-European or Indian descended) seem to have fought to retain the label 'Fijian' as theirs alone, despite attempts by Fijian Indians mainly, for the term to apply to all Islanders.