Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

HOW’S YOUR GERMAN?

When H.R. Trevor-Roper wrote his classic book "the Last Days of Hitler", he wrote in the foreword (paraphrasing slightly) that when someone is telling the truth, their initial story may appear a little contradictory, but as the full facts emerge, it will be seen the story being told is coherent. Conversely, if someone is lying, the initial story may appear coherent, but as said person is challenged for more information, contradictions emerge and it becomes apparent that the story cannot be true.

I'm struggling to think of an ARRSE member who fits the latter modus operandi. Maybe someone in this thread could help me out.

Wordsmith

So your claim to have written 14 books was a .........................er.............lie!
Now, that is a surprise! For a man of his stature, education and former military service to resort to such low stand......wait a minute, we're talking about Bugsy aren't we? Lying Kunt!

When H.R. Trevor-Roper wrote his classic book "the Last Days of Hitler", he wrote in the foreword (paraphrasing slightly) that when someone is telling the truth, their initial story may appear a little contradictory, but as the full facts emerge, it will be seen the story being told is coherent. Conversely, if someone is lying, the initial story may appear coherent, but as said person is challenged for more information, contradictions emerge and it becomes apparent that the story cannot be true.

I'm struggling to think of an ARRSE member who fits the latter modus operandi. Maybe someone in this thread could help me out.

Wordsmith

Got that book the other day, haven't read it yet. Trevor-Roper was an interesting fellow and so was his on going tiff with AJP Taylor.

William Makepeace Thackeray and Stanley Kubrick between them came up with this:

It's a remarkable resemblance, at least insofar as lying and its pitfalls are concerned.

Last edited:
Got that book the other day, haven't read it yet. Trevor-Roper was an interesting fellow and so was his on going tiff with AJP Taylor.

It's still the classic account of Hitler's last days. Although he got a few details wrong, his basic facts have never been challenged. When you consider the circumstances under which it was written, its a first class piece of research.

Wordsmith

I've just PMed every single member of ARRSE and they all think you are a decrepit, smelly old liar who suffered sexual abuse as a child.
I'm told Bugsy, does in fact have one unique talent. Apparently he's suffered so much sexual abuse as a child, he's the only know individual whose arse has an echo. It's pretty impressive by all accounts.

Another post from me, just to keep the ball rolling, as it were, because it seems to be slowing down a tad and we've yet to reach 200 pages, playmates!:-D
[QUOTE="hotel_california, post: 8756369, member:] to help us find your books what name do you write under? Do you write under a pseudonym?[/QUOTE]
Now why would you want to do that, hollow_cauliflower? Why would you want to “find my books”? What possible interest could you have? As if I didn't know.

But, on the other hand, your post is helpful in that it serves to bring attention to what typically happens on “Bugsy-bashing” threads. One of the ARRSE vermin or another picks up on some relatively unimportant detail and then outrageously exaggerates it out of all proportion so as to make it appear more “sensational”. And, of course, other ARRSE vermin eagerly pick up on that and add their own, even more exaggerated, version, just to add fuel to the fire that, they fervently hope, will (figuratively) consume me.

Examples: I mentioned that I learned the trade of picture-restorer and, suddenly I was a world expert on art and picture restoration. I mentioned a freak time I achieved over 100 metres as an emergency stand-in for a 4 x 100 metres relay team at an athletics club in Hamburg and that immediately translated into me being a world-class Olympic sprinter with the “Irish record”. I recounted the "history" of the colour "Indian Yellow" as I'd heard it but, again suddenly, I'd "invented" a pigment.

One time, when some hopelessly decrepit ARRSEr, who was dead set on improving his own standing on the website, mentioned that he'd, allegedly, actually stood on the Berlin Wall on the night of 09 November 1989, he then asked me where I was when the Berlin Wall fell. I answered, as a joke because I just couldn't take the cünt seriously, that I was in Basel (which I actually was) doing a bit of bricklaying (Berlin Wall – bricklaying. Geddit?) That triggered a whole avalanche of posts that I was now “claiming to be a master-bricklayer”. There are hundreds of similar examples. I don’t know why, but I have the rather vague impression that some ARRSErs just don’t like me, although I can’t actually put my finger on why. *snigger” Skuse me if I can’t (collectively) take you rather ridiculous cünts seriously, but that’s really a very big ask.

So let’s take the case of “my books”. I realise you're not at all interested in any explanation that doesn't chime with your personal ambitions on ARRSE, but it’s a typical case of the ARRSE vermin exaggerating and attempting to “sensationalise” the affair in their decade-long vendetta to “do me down at all costs”. Y’know? All those ARRSErs like you, who proclaim to be reasonable, sensible folks in their daily lives, but show their true colours as immature, jealous, resentful, very malicious schoolkids on ARRSE.

First off, I don’t write under any “Sue Donnim”. I've no need to. And the only texts I’ve written that have ever been published were; (1) the education aid I wrote in German, that’s already been mentioned, and; (2) a couple of squaddie yarns that were published in the ARRSE-sponsored book from a few years ago entitled: “Pull Up A Sandbag”.

In the meantime, the 14 books I’ve written have, magically, increased to 17 altogether: 12 in English, three in German and two in Italian.

I wrote my first ever book in 1999; all the time accumulating ideas for a second book. Then I wrote that second book, after which I returned to the first book, with the added experience from the second book, and “smartened it up”, as it were. It was at that point that I realised that the creative process of writing was far more important to me than having my books published. After I’d, more or less, got the hang of writing in English, I decided to try it in other languages with which I was acquainted.

MsG

Another post from me, just to keep the ball rolling, as it were, because it seems to be slowing down a tad and we've yet to reach 200 pages, playmates!:-D
[QUOTE="hotel_california, post: 8756369, member:] to help us find your books what name do you write under? Do you write under a pseudonym?
Now why would you want to do that, hollow_cauliflower? Why would you want to “find my books”? What possible interest could you have? As if I didn't know.

a lot of lies.....

MsG[/QUOTE]

You've not had any published have you?

Wow! Now that’s really impressive, mush! Extremely impressive, even. So you thought to yourself: “I’ll pretend I’m all understanding and reasonable, even “friendly”, to Bugsy, and then I’ll do my very best to show him up. That way I hope to enhance my status with other ARRSErs”.

And you did it so well and in such a refined and classy way, fella! Never once did I ever suspect that you might have an ulterior motive. I bet you’d have made a marvellous “spycatcher” in WWII.:smile::smile::smile:

So! My book? It’s not really a “book” in that sense, but rather a teaching aid. It was published at the beginning of the 1990s by the Ministry of Education in the (East) German federal state of Brandenburg. The title was: “Die Ursachen der seit 1969 andauernden Unruhen in Nordirland“. Have fun!

MsG

Not here to impress or enhance my status with anyone @DaManBugs - simply curious as to the vitriol sent your way and it's a fairly easy "catch" to prove if you're a published author or not.

But, on the other hand, your post is helpful in that it serves to bring attention to what typically happens on “Bugsy-bashing” threads. One of the ARRSE vermin or another picks up on some relatively unimportant detail and then outrageously exaggerates it out of all proportion so as to make it appear more “sensational”. And, of course, other ARRSE vermin eagerly pick up on that and add their own, even more exaggerated, version, just to add fuel to the fire that, they fervently hope, will (figuratively) consume me.

Examples: I mentioned that I learned the trade of picture-restorer and, suddenly I was a world expert on art and picture restoration. I mentioned a freak time I achieved over 100 metres as an emergency stand-in for a 4 x 100 metres relay team at an athletics club in Hamburg and that immediately translated into me being a world-class Olympic sprinter with the “Irish record”. I recounted the "history" of the colour "Indian Yellow" as I'd heard it but, again suddenly, I'd "invented" a pigment.

One time, when some hopelessly decrepit ARRSEr, who was dead set on improving his own standing on the website, mentioned that he'd, allegedly, actually stood on the Berlin Wall on the night of 09 November 1989, he then asked me where I was when the Berlin Wall fell. I answered, as a joke because I just couldn't take the cünt seriously, that I was in Basel (which I actually was) doing a bit of bricklaying (Berlin Wall – bricklaying. Geddit?) That triggered a whole avalanche of posts that I was now “claiming to be a master-bricklayer”. There are hundreds of similar examples. I don’t know why, but I have the rather vague impression that some ARRSErs just don’t like me, although I can’t actually put my finger on why. *snigger” Skuse me if I can’t (collectively) take you rather ridiculous cünts seriously, but that’s really a very big ask.

So let’s take the case of “my books”. I realise you're not at all interested in any explanation that doesn't chime with your personal ambitions on ARRSE, but it’s a typical case of the ARRSE vermin exaggerating and attempting to “sensationalise” the affair in their decade-long vendetta to “do me down at all costs”. Y’know? All those ARRSErs like you, who proclaim to be reasonable, sensible folks in their daily lives, but show their true colours as immature, jealous, resentful, very malicious schoolkids on ARRSE.

First off, I don’t write under any “Sue Donnim”. I've no need to. And the only texts I’ve written that have ever been published were; (1) the education aid I wrote in German, that’s already been mentioned, and; (2) a couple of squaddie yarns that were published in the ARRSE-sponsored book from a few years ago entitled: “Pull Up A Sandbag”.

In the meantime, the 14 books I’ve written have, magically, increased to 17 altogether: 12 in English, three in German and two in Italian.

I wrote my first ever book in 1999; all the time accumulating ideas for a second book. Then I wrote that second book, after which I returned to the first book, with the added experience from the second book, and “smartened it up”, as it were. It was at that point that I realised that the creative process of writing was far more important to me than having my books published. After I’d, more or less, got the hang of writing in English, I decided to try it in other languages with which I was acquainted.

MsG

Bugsy its another post from you because you crave any type of attention, mainly because your dad raped you as a child while your mother did nothing about it.

So let’s take the case of “my books”....

MsG
You are a ******* liar.

IMG_0508.JPG