HOW’S YOUR GERMAN?

He is an expert at FIBUA too:

Military - Page 2

Dear Sys,

You’re just not getting what I’m on about, so let me give you a real-life lesson of what I mean. All British Army bods are first and foremost taught to be soldiers and then they learn their trades. This is the tradition in most armies in the world.

Not long ago (August 2007), I attended an “old-sowjaz (British Army) meeting” in Cheshire, UK. One of those attending made the suggestion that we repair to his “battleground” just outside Cheshire for shits and giggles. He runs an area for “ battle training with paint-guns. So the scene was set for a paint-gun battle with the following teams:

Team 1: 3 shop assistants, 2 vehicle mechanics, 7 bank clerks, 1 baker, 4 bricklayers, 2 scaffolders, 5 insurance salesmen, 1 used-car salesman, 5 local gobment employees.
Total: 30. Average age: 24.

Team 2: 3 former Medics (including me), 2 former Sappers, 4 former Planks, 2 former Scalies, 1 former RAOC clerk. ALL none teeth arms! Total 12. Average age: 47.

Result: Team 2 attained its objectives in 17 minutes (the exercise was on a basis of four hours) with no losses. All members of Team 1 were “neutralised”. Job done!

You were saying?

MsG

He is an expert at FIBUA too:

Military - Page 2

Dear Sys,

You’re just not getting what I’m on about, so let me give you a real-life lesson of what I mean. All British Army bods are first and foremost taught to be soldiers and then they learn their trades. This is the tradition in most armies in the world.

Not long ago (August 2007), I attended an “old-sowjaz (British Army) meeting” in Cheshire, UK. One of those attending made the suggestion that we repair to his “battleground” just outside Cheshire for shits and giggles. He runs an area for “ battle training with paint-guns. So the scene was set for a paint-gun battle with the following teams:

Team 1: 3 shop assistants, 2 vehicle mechanics, 7 bank clerks, 1 baker, 4 bricklayers, 2 scaffolders, 5 insurance salesmen, 1 used-car salesman, 5 local gobment employees.
Total: 30. Average age: 24.

Team 2: 3 former Medics (including me), 2 former Sappers, 4 former Planks, 2 former Scalies, 1 former RAOC clerk. ALL none teeth arms! Total 12. Average age: 47.

Result: Team 2 attained its objectives in 17 minutes (the exercise was on a basis of four hours) with no losses. All members of Team 1 were “neutralised”. Job done!

You were saying?

MsG
Incredible that he remembered everyone's job or profession - even the people he wouldn't have known. The lying cunt.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Even more amazingly no teeth arm members and loads of civilians. Still in the very unlikely event it happened paint ball is the nearest he's ever been to wearing a uniform.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I must say that I've not really had the experience of being stigmatised for my service. I've attended Remembrance Sundays in Dublin on many occasions, wearing my own medals (quote from Bugsy on Revleft)

So what medals were these Drugsy? Most time yer Da pierced yer sphincter and bar? Biggest Liar? Bullshit of the Army? Once again you talk the talk but don't walk the walk

Even more amazingly no teeth arm members and loads of civilians. Still in the very unlikely event it happened paint ball is the nearest he's ever been to wearing a uniform.
It's never happened, Can you see that decrepit old cunt running around the woods or having friends?

I must say that I've not really had the experience of being stigmatised for my service. I've attended Remembrance Sundays in Dublin on many occasions, wearing my own medals (quote from Bugsy on Revleft)

So what medals were these Drugsy? Most time yer Da pierced yer sphincter and bar? Biggest Liar? Bullshit of the Army? Once again you talk the talk but don't walk the walk
Those medals are for the 4 wars that he has claimed to have took part in.
Don't mention his father's sexual abuse or he'll threaten legal action to show just how not bothered he is.

Last edited:
Oh! How sweet! The royal "we" again. Just let me quote that, Splashing_Crap: "That's why we all think you're a liar and generally despise you". Really? WE ALL? So what you're actually talking about is eight or nine slightly deranged, obviously quite mentally disturbed ARRSErs, out of how many thousands? And that's WE ALL? Do you think I should be worried?:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MsG
I stated in a previous post I have nothing against you and no agenda and I asked you a pretty straightforward question - I'd like to read your book so how can I find it? If you could possibly answer, that would be greatly appreciated and again thanks. Bogie Bear.

Oh! How sweet! The royal "we" again. Just let me quote that, Splashing_Crap: "That's why we all think you're a liar and generally despise you". Really? WE ALL? So what you're actually talking about is eight or nine slightly deranged, obviously quite mentally disturbed ARRSErs, out of how many thousands? And that's WE ALL? Do you think I should be worried?:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MsG
Name one person on here that thinks you don't tell lies.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Sehr geehrter Herr Besserwisser,

your knowledge of UK law seems as feeble as your grasp on reality, or German as it is spoken by actual Germans.
[My bold in your post] This is an interesting one. You’ve stated a number of times that I, allegedly, can’t speak German as it’s spoken by (as you put it) “actual Germans”. I’d like to know how you come to that conclusion. You’ve never heard me speak German, so how can you judge?

Being “fluent” in a language, as the term is widely understood in linguistic circles, means being able to reproduce the target language in such a way that grammar, syntax, basic sentence structure and breadth of meaning are, more or less, indistinguishable from the way an intelligent native speaker would express her or himself, sowohl mündlich als auch schriftlich!

As far as I can make out, you’re basing your judgment on the way I write German, since you've never heard me speak the language. In spite of the ridiculous accusation that I use Google translate, and we both agree (funnily enough) that the app is far inferior to human translators, everything I’ve written is my own work. But somehow you’ve deduced that I have a “feeble grasp of German as it is spoken by actual Germans”. It’s, therefore, puzzling that, although I talk to Germans (and Swiss-Germans) practically on a daily basis, not one of them has ever remarked that they find my German unintelligible or in any way “unusual”. Now, these are folks who, for the most part, also work with languages as a part of their professions, so they, I’d imagine, would be the first to point out any “anomalies” in my German. But they never have. In fact, I’m one of that rare breed who can deliver high quality in both D/E and E/D translations, as I’ve proved on countless occasions. I’d appreciate it if you could define just what you mean by your statement. How does “German as spoken by actual Germans” differ from the German I’ve displayed on this (and other) freds?

However, using your own method of deduction, and taking into account that you’re not a translator, I’ve seen the rare bits of German you’ve written and come to the conclusion that, although you’re probably capable of holding a conversation in German (not surprising after almost three decades in the country), you’re not “fluent” in the sense I described above. But that’s extrapolating from your written German, as you did with mine. So I’m more than willing to admit I may be wrong in judging your spoken German on your rather fundamental grasp of the written language.

Back to my question: why, in your opinion, would “actual Germans” have difficulty understanding me?

MsG

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Name one person on here that thinks you don't tell lies.
I don't think he tells lies, I think he is living a lie. To him, lying is the truth. He is, by nature, a contrary person and is therefore conditioned to take the opposite view to anyone else. The fact that members of his family died in the seventies may be true, but to add to the veracity of that statement; Morpheagh adds the porky that it was Der brits wot dun it mister, and then confuses himself with the date.

This is why the relator of fables occasionally lapses into pigeon oirish, to give the amusing concept that he is the bog-standard, thick, spud-eating Mick. This is all part of his cunning plan, to undermine the proletariat by making them all believe they are superior to him.

[My bold in your post] This is an interesting one. You’ve stated a number of times that I, allegedly, can’t speak German as it’s spoken by (as you put it) “actual Germans”. I’d like to know how you come to that conclusion. You’ve never heard me speak German, so how can you judge?

Being “fluent” in a language, as the term is widely understood in linguistic circles, means being able to reproduce the target language in such a way that grammar, syntax, basic sentence structure and breadth of meaning are, more or less, indistinguishable from the way an intelligent native speaker would express her or himself, sowohl mündlich als auch schriftlich!

As far as I can make out, you’re basing your judgment on the way I write German, since you've never heard me speak the language. In spite of the ridiculous accusation that I use Google translate, and we both agree (funnily enough) that the app is far inferior to human translators, everything I’ve written is my own work. But somehow you’ve deduced that I have a “feeble grasp of German as it is spoken by actual Germans”. It’s, therefore, puzzling that, although I talk to Germans (and Swiss-Germans) practically on a daily basis, not one of them has ever remarked that they find my German unintelligible or in any way “unusual”. Now, these are folks who, for the most part, also work with languages as a part of their professions, so they, I’d imagine, would be the first to point out any “anomalies” in my German. But they never have. In fact, I’m one of that rare breed who can deliver high quality in both D/E and E/D translations, as I’ve proved on countless occasions. I’d appreciate it if you could define just what you mean by your statement. How does “German as spoken by actual Germans” differ from the German I’ve displayed on this (and other) freds?

However, using your own method of deduction, and taking into account that you’re not a translator, I’ve seen the rare bits of German you’ve written and come to the conclusion that, although you’re probably capable of holding a conversation in German (not surprising after almost three decades in the country), you’re not “fluent” in the sense I described above. But that’s extrapolating from your written German, as you did with mine. So I’m more than willing to admit I may be wrong in judging your spoken German on your rather fundamental grasp of the written language.

Back to my question: why, in your opinion, would “actual Germans” have difficulty understanding me?

MsG
Either his wife is in for a slapping, or the heroin will kick in and we’ll have 36hrs of radio silence.
40 hours. I was nearly right.

Must have been a stronger batch than normal.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
40 hours. I was nearly right.

Must have been a stronger batch than normal.
Just shows what a rampant imagination and a bit of delusion can do for you, eh? The last time I posted was 22:05 hrs yesterday evening (Post Number 2,052, Page 103) and the next time I posted (which you referenced) was just before 15:00 hrs today. And that's 40 hours for you? Didn't you want to take your socks off to count properly, or what?:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MsG

Just shows what a rampant imagination and a bit of delusion can do for you, eh? The last time I posted was 22:05 hrs yesterday evening (Post Number 2,052, Page 103) and the next time I posted (which you referenced) was just before 15:00 hrs today. And that's 40 hours for you? Didn't you want to take your socks off to count properly, or what?:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MsG
You seem to be under the impression that I make much more than a token effort to observe your posting habits.

Still, mildly interesting that you choose to take issue with the claimed length of unconsciousness, rather than the fact you were in a drug coma.

MsG
Did your dad help take off your socks (and other items of clothing)?

MsG
Name one person.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
You seem to be under the impression that I make much more than a token effort to observe your posting habits.

Still, mildly interesting that you choose to take issue with the claimed length of unconsciousness, rather than the fact you were in a drug coma.
Actually, I do have that impression, fella! Otherwise, you wouldn't have taken the time and trouble to post about it. Although now I've made you look like a bit of a grumble and grunt, you've decided to engage in a bit of clumsy backpedalling - which was sort of predictable, under the circumstances, I suppose.:smile::smile::smile:

MsG

Actually, I do have that impression, fella! Otherwise, you wouldn't have taken the time and trouble to post about it. Although now I've made you look like a bit of a grumble and grunt, you've decided to engage in a bit of clumsy backpedalling - which was sort of predictable, under the circumstances, I suppose.:smile::smile::smile:

MsG
Name one person.

Latest Threads