• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

HOW’S YOUR GERMAN?

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
The reason I’ve started this thread is because of a post on this fred:
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...alism-and-identity-vs-diversity.284867/page-3
I know you think you are the Oracle (Or Duden if you like) with regards to German language, but one of your footnotes is wrong.

It's not, "Fünf Minuten vor der Zeit is des Soldaten Pünktlichkeit, der Sanitäter kommt zehn Minuten später".

It's "Fünf Minuten vor der Zeit ist Soldaten Pünktlichkeit. Dann erst fünf Minuten später kommt der faule Sanitäter."
Before that, there was no mention at all on the fred of German or any ARRSErs who speak the language. Yet, suddenly, your man there skinnygreenbag turns up with that.

So you’re man skinngyreenbag maintains that my “version” is wrong. OK. How about an explanation, fella?

The fact is that all of that could’ve quite easily been done and dusted in PMs, but your man there decided (for whatever personal reasons) to make it available to everyone. Fairy nuff. I’ll make my response to it also available to everyone.

Just to make things clear: I’ve never, ever maintained that I’m some sort of “final authority” on German. I speak fluent German, including Swiss-German, true, but I always bow to those who’re “native speakers” of the language.

However, your man there didn’t desist. He was out for the “kill”, and so he posted this:
You truly are an obnoxious knob. Not only are you wrong on all your counts, but you try instead to say that I am, because you can't abide the notion that you made an error in public.

My German is just fine thanks, having done 'O' level at school, achieved Linguist A in the Army, living here for 29 years, using it daily and being a member of several organisations within the community, I feel I may just have the edge on you. Of course when I say 'edge', I mean an enormous lead, judging by your previous strangling and mangling of Die (Or 'der' if you want to transpose the genetive into English) Deutsche Muttersprache.

Your doesn't scan and has no rhythm, apart from which, the Bundeswehr soldiers I work with use my version, not the abortion you present.

Shall I dissect your version for you and show you your language, spelling and syntax errors?
There’s really a lot going on in that post on a highly personal basis, but I’d particularly like your man skinngyreenbag there to “dissect my version to show my language, spelling and syntax errors”. In particular, why my “version” is an abortion. I’d also like to know how I “strangled and mangled” the German language.

The ARRSE vermin were very quick to pick up on the fact that some steary gozznob, who can speak passable German, suddenly showed up with his “judgment” of my own abilities in the language. This should be fun!

Hey! I’m really looking forward to it.

MsG

As a translator and long term resident here in Germany I would say that both versions seem plausible. For a more informed decision I would have to ask one of my German mates.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
In summary, man who claims to know a bit of German calls out another man who claims to know a bit of German. Nothing to see here. Moving to next thread.

Last edited:
'On the fred'? 'Skinnygreenbag'instead of his/her correct username? 'some steary gozznob'?

How old are you? Please fcuk off, grow up and then try again you childish cock.

Better yet, fcuk off, grow up and then fcuk off some more.

Mods. Send this to the hole so we can go weapons.free.

Du solltest drohen, ihn zu töten. Zweimal.
Who should kill who whom twice?

Bugsy's close family members were killed twice. Once was not enough* for the assassins of the capitalist state that ordered the killings in stereo.

*'Once Was Not Enough' could be the title of the next James Bond film - 007 hunts down the corrupt official that ordered the killings of Fibsy O'Bugs' entire family (twice) and finds it was M acting on the Instruction of Q who was blackmailing M with the threat of sending vids of M's sexual indiscretions with MoneyPenny to PMTM.

Last edited:
I'm a West Brit.

Mines brilliant as I visited a few years ago and when I walked in to the batrthey all said Hallo, amazing they all speak English so I ordeed my beer and food happy days, English rules.

The reason I’ve started this thread is because of a post on this fred:
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...alism-and-identity-vs-diversity.284867/page-3

Before that, there was no mention at all on the fred of German or any ARRSErs who speak the language. Yet, suddenly, your man there skinnygreenbag turns up with that.

So you’re man skinngyreenbag maintains that my “version” is wrong. OK. How about an explanation, fella?

The fact is that all of that could’ve quite easily been done and dusted in PMs, but your man there decided (for whatever personal reasons) to make it available to everyone. Fairy nuff. I’ll make my response to it also available to everyone.

Just to make things clear: I’ve never, ever maintained that I’m some sort of “final authority” on German. I speak fluent German, including Swiss-German, true, but I always bow to those who’re “native speakers” of the language.

However, your man there didn’t desist. He was out for the “kill”, and so he posted this:

There’s really a lot going on in that post on a highly personal basis, but I’d particularly like your man skinngyreenbag there to “dissect my version to show my language, spelling and syntax errors”. In particular, why my “version” is an abortion. I’d also like to know how I “strangled and mangled” the German language.

The ARRSE vermin were very quick to pick up on the fact that some steary gozznob, who can speak passable German, suddenly showed up with his “judgment” of my own abilities in the language. This should be fun!

Hey! I’m really looking forward to it.

MsG
You're a cock. A cock who tells lies.

Latest Threads