A friend of mine ( that old one but it is true) is living in a quarter with his soon to be wife and there child. He has full custody of there child so is entiteled to a quarter i belive. Anyway i want to know how long can she stay with him being unmarried. Thankyou for your help on this one...
He is not entitled to cohabit. As he has full custody then he is entitled to the quarter as a single parent. His soon to be wife will not be entitled to live their until they are married. However if he requires a live-in nanny or au pair then he can apply for a quarter that takes that into account. Oddly though the nanny or au-pair cannot be the childs mother as that would then equate to cohabiting!

JSP 464 Chapter 3 said:
PStatCat 2 single and lone parents will pay the SFA charge at the entitled rate, CILOCT and all utilities (less water and sewerage) for the ac-commodation in accordance with Chapter 4. DE-HD is to ensure that a written undertaking is provided on the applicant's licence ac-knowledging that co-habitation will not oc-cur.
Unfortunately those are the rules. I don't know how stringently they will be enforced. However I know that I got the big go away tablet when looking into something similar!

New Posts

Latest Threads