Housing not favouring migrants

So it's demi official. All the migrants are not being favoured for social housing, as they're probably all full already with fat chavvy teenage mums.

As perception goes it isn't the european immigrabnts that seem to be the problem, as everyone know's there's money in 20 Poles per house for the private landlords.

Personally, I was on my local housing list for 7 years whilst I was in the army on the proviso that if one came up my I would consider leaving and settle down, but we didn't receive as much as a nod in all that time. When we did query it, we were told we would have to cohabit with another family for a year, sharing a bathroom before we would even be looked at. :evil: This was bollox as I knew of single mums and other suddenly 'vunerable' people being given houses straight away. Equality, my arrse!

There is no evidence that new arrivals in the UK are able to jump council housing queues, an Equality and Human Rights Commission report says.

Once they settle and are entitled to help, it adds, the same proportion live in social housing as UK-born residents.

The prime minister has said guidance would change so that local people get priority for social housing in England.

Housing minister John Healey said the changes were designed to tackle the "myth" that the system was unfair.

According to the study, 64% of people who arrived in the UK within the last five years live in private rented accommodation.

Just 11% of new arrivals get help with housing - almost all of them asylum seekers.

But after five years, when many immigrants are able to get residency and become entitled to government help, one in six live in social housing - exactly the same proportion as those who were born in Britain.
Equality & HR Comission Link
Main Document Link