Houseing Advice.

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Listy, Oct 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I'm asking for any pointers on what to do next, as The forum members probably has several hundreds of years experience (normally in a couple of poster's) ;) So I'm asking for any advice.

    Basically I will be unable to afford to stay in my rented house after November due to a combination of council tax bills and cost of rent.
    The council say that as I earn around £15,000 they can't give me any help on either the council tax or housing benefit.
    The housing department are saying that if I leave the property I will be making my self voluntarily homeless and they'll refuse to house me. Their Great Advice was to find somewhere cheaper. I'm already in the cheapest place I can find.
    I'm on the housing needs register but As I'm not a druggie waster, and I work, I'm about place 600.
    The CAB hasn’t been able to give me any useful advice.
    House prices are so stupidly high I can't afford one of them even i I had any money. £90,000 will get you a tiny studio flat about the size of a large hotel room.
    I've looked into housing associations, and no joy.
    I don't drive so I can't move out of town due to both mine and my partners work.

    So advice?
  2. for your first stop. Check with them to see if there any help, those dudes know all the moves. If you do indeed leave, well you're fcuked.

    edit for been a nub