Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm 18, starting a Degree at Oxford now. After I leave uni' I want to join a household regiment.

I've narrowed it down a bit:
Life Guards,
Blues & Royals,
Grenadier Guards.

They all recruit from where I am. I am tall for my age, I spoke to a recruiter and he said I can march amazingly. (P.S I want to join as an officer.) I'm good at combat as far as I know.

No Regiment prejudice please,
Thanks,
Toby.

“I can march amazingly” doesn’t sound too convincing*.

It all comes down to seeing where you feel most comfortable- and if they’ll have you. Do you prefer really fuzzy busby hats, or horses? You may change your mind on joining either whilst you are going through training - get out here; talk to current and (recently) former officers and go on a familiarisation visit or two.

*be prepared to have this belief...readjusted...once at RMAS.

Last edited:
I prefer Grenadiers but I feel a pang of guilt when I think, "I'm Want to become a grenadier".
Thanks for the advice :).
And Dan, He did. My grammar is good I'm just not the kind of person to use grammarly for a forum website.

The_Duke

LE
I call everyone to check recruiting board rules, and consider if your comments are accurate, relevant and helpful.

If not, head back to the NAAFI I.

I call everyone to check recruiting board rules, and consider if your comments are accurate, relevant and helpful.

If not, head back to the NAAFI I.

Roger.

Isn't it reasonable to ascertain the credibility of questions posed?

Does posting wind ups in the recruiting forum attract sanctions?

The_Duke

LE
Roger.

Isn't it reasonable to ascertain the credibility of questions posed?

Does posting wind ups in the recruiting forum attract sanctions?
Wind ups will get sanctions. However, experience tells me that wind up are rare, but ignorance and naivety are common.

Take posts at face value until proven otherwise.

Horses & little tanks or Marching with standing very still and Infantry - quite different roles both in ceremonial and green stuff.

Dwarf

LE
Tall for your age. Tanks are cramped beasties, Ok for shortarrses like me, constant bruises and no space to move for big buggers like you. Think it through.

Mind as an infantryman you tall ones make bigger targets as well. Just saying, or rather sniggering from closer to the ground. ;)

Latest Threads