Household Cavalry Officers Rank Slides

Can anyone please enlighten me as to why Household Cavalry Officers of Field Rank (Major and above) have different crowns to everyone else? 8O
I was told that they were King's Crowns and that the story went that the Regiments never changed over after the death of the last monarch. BUT, on a recent conversation with one of the blighters, he told me that they were in fact Queen's Crowns, just a different sort to that worn by everyone else.....I'm now really confused (dot com)..... :oops:

I was one of the blighters for 20 years and the only explanation I ever heard was that we couldn´t be arrsed to change to Queen´s crowns when King George VI died. I don´t think we were the only ones.

RogueTrooper said:
Can anyone please enlighten me as to why Household Cavalry Officers of Field Rank (Major and above) have different crowns to everyone else? 8O
I was told that they were King's Crowns and that the story went that the Regiments never changed over after the death of the last monarch. BUT, on a recent conversation with one of the blighters, he told me that they were in fact Queen's Crowns, just a different sort to that worn by everyone else.....I'm now really confused (dot com)..... :oops:
I was told by a Life Guard (or should that be Life Guardsman to avoid confusion with David Hasselhoff?) that it was not a British crown at all, but something to with the King of Denmark being a colonel-in-chief.